somebody here has to have a travel trialer

telcoman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found it odd to see an empty section. Maybe they just established it, in which case I am the first poster. i just bought a TT this year. Moved from a Truck Camper which I loved, but my wife's injuries started to make it impractical. I like the room but I really have to be careful where I pull into with it to make sure I can get out again, soemthign I never worried about that with the camper. Also one of my favorite places to camp in the world is the lake at Santa maria del oro near Guadalajara, a crater lake. It was tough enough to get in here with a truck camper, now with a TT, its a no no. Same with a lot of my favorite small lakes in BC. Having to compromise is a bummer

Paul Beddows

Summer-Abbotsford BC, Winter Jalisco Mexico

Co-Founder of NATCOA

Wagon Master for Caravanas de Mexico RV Caravans

2010 Majestic Class C

I have a fifth wheel travel trailer. Did you have a question?

Travel Trailers are the ones that use a bumper hitch, fifth wheels aren't considered travel trailers and have their own section:

Fivers: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showforum=101

====================

There are a group of new RV type forums added at the request of other forum users:

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showforum=97

Class A, B, C, fiver and travel trailer are new while the existing MDT, HDT and Bus conversion forums have been moved here.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Even though we have a diesel pusher, we kept our 1970 21' Streamline bumper-pull trailer because it is just so darned easy to take. I've hitched it up and taken it for 1-day kayak adventures, weekend mountain bike trips with just me and the dogs, and other quick trips. It's small enough to be able to pull off the highway and into almost any parking spot and it gives me a place to make lunch, use the bathroom, take a nap or just a place in the shade (it has an awning).

Thanks, Travis. Great addition. :)

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

Guest Pensauncola

Travel Trailers are the ones that use a bumper hitch, fifth wheels aren't considered travel trailers and have their own section:

Perhaps not by you. Bumper pulls, fifth wheels, and goosenecks can all be types of travel trailers. They just use a different hitch type. But, I get the gist of the thread and don't care to split hairs. I just thought the OP had a question about travel trailers.

I believe the OP did not realize these categories were just added, so thought the TT category was not used much. I believe it was yesterday that it was added along with The 3 classes of MH and 5ers.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

I was going to post there, but some consider "folding" trailers as not being travel trailers.

There are a few of us "folders" out here. :)

Jim & Vickie
'07 F150
'10 Chalet XL1935
Chimacum, Wa

Evergreen Coho SKP Park Website:

http://www.evergreencohoskprvpark.com/

Evergreen Coho SKP on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evergreen-Coho-SKP-RV-Park/563601217103332

I was going to post there, but some consider "folding" trailers as not being travel trailers.

And that my friends, is the reason that I really am not a fan of "type specific" RV forums. It is just one more step in introducing social classes into the RV world that has been relatively free of that for so long.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

Had a fiver while full-timing but now a 24' pull trailer. Love the ease of getting in and out of places. Also had a 24' pull trailer before full-timing and loved it and that's why we went back to one.

I also agree with Kirk on the categories. I don't know why you need all the different trailer categories. Only difference is the hitches....

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

I have got one here in western Australia its a 12-13 foot 1987 millard poptop , the tare weight is approx. 1600lbs max weight loaded is approx. 2500lbs. it is pretty basic but it only cost me $4000 10 years ago, it is also used as a spare room when it is parked under the patio at home.

Its probably the smallest on here so far

I tow it with a 3litre common rail toyota hilux tray body diesel ute (pickup) a have also towed it behind my wifes 3,8litre v6 sedan.

I am sort thinking of finding something similar 16-17 foot to buy second hand to use on my next trip to the US, I could pull it with a second hand vehicle , pick up or sedan and flog the lot for whatever I can get before I come home or store it for another trip .

mick

We have a small aluminum can and we're going to be full time with 2 kids. Proceed to laugh at me for my lack of slide out and satellite dish. :P I switched to Mac's about two years ago, so I'm already used to all the ridicule about my foolish decisions that I'll regret. Along with all the, you can't do that with little kids.

I browse every forum I can for the wealth of knowledge and information. Rver's, 5th wheels, VW buses, etc, others on the road share valuable knowledge.

Bold&Adventurous.com | Instagram | Family of 4 traveling the USA full-time.

2007 27ft FB International Signature CCD

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

I've got one; probably one of the smallest here - a 17' Escape. Love the trailer; hauled it 55,000 miles over the last 3 1/2 years.

We met a couple that full timed in a TT almost exactly like yours, a Casita if I recall. They loved it too.

And they were Escapee members. Very nice couple from Texas.

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

Archived