Handicap Accessible Motorhome?

KandJBm

Winnebago can handle request for handicap access. I have never seen a rental unit equipped for handicap use.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

If what you need is a way to get in and out w/o climbing the steps here is a link to a chair lift we had installed to get my wife in and out of our class A. It works great. From the ground, she sits in the chair, the lift brings her all the way up to the inside floor level, and she pivots inside and stands up.

If you need wheel chair access that is a different story.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Welcome to the Escapee forums! We are happy to have you join in and will do all that we are able to help out.

For rental RVs that are handicap accessible my only advice would be to contact Go RVing to ask for their help. To find one that you can buy I looked at Google and found a long list of advertisements. In addition, you can probably get help from the Handicapped Travel Club.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Check out Newmar, they have a gas and diesel wheelchair accessable motorhome with lift.

X2, if purchasing. They do a terrific job on bathrooms and easy access to everything in the motorhome including the lift going inside.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Can a toy hauler's ramp be used as wheelchair access or is it too steep? I've wondered this several times but this seems a good time to ask.

Linda Sand

It is probably too steep to manhandle a chair. That said, with some tracks and a winch it should be very doable.

Previously a 2017 Forest River, Berkshire 38A, "The Dragonship". https://dragonship.blog/

We are purchasing a Coachmen 315/316 motorhome. Getting it because it is 'open concept' through the living area. May have to jerk out and redo the shower at some point, open up the commode area, but most is open and we can do thereat as needed. Bought this specifically because I am 'mobility impaired', have had an A, just didn't want to deal with an A at this point.

We were just at Newmars' factory. They had ( 2 ) Baystar ( I think ) motorhomes on the line that had a wheelchair lift built in to the passenger side around mid-coach, in addition to the standard front entry door.

This months Motorhome magazine features one.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 5 months later...

Sorry I haven't thanked you all for your helpful responses. I thought my sister and I might take our 92 year old mother on a road trip, but the three of us have decided it would be too hard on her. Well at least we all had a lot of fun checking our RV possibilities, so there is that.

Archived