Workamping at Point Lookout State Park - Camp Hosts Wanted!

PointRanger1

Do you enjoy meeting your fellow campers? We are currently looking for individuals and families interested in camp hosting at Point Lookout State Park in Maryland during the 2017 season (starting in April). Point Lookout is a great park for those who love fishing, boating, birding, and other outdoor activities. The park is a historical Civil War site as well! For more information about our beautiful park, check out our website: http://dnr2.maryland...intlookout.aspx

Camp hosts receive a free campsite with electric, water, and sewer in exchange for working for 20 hours per week. The work to be done is generally campground related: welcoming new campers, keeping the campsites clean and in good condition, answering questions asked by campers, and letting campers know what is happening in the park/area over the period of their stay. Camp Hosts are asked to make a commitment of at least 1-month.

Use the information provided below to request an application.

Location: Point Lookout State Park (11175 Point Lookout Road, Scotland, MD, 20687)

Phone: 301-872-5688 (leave a message with your name, phone number, and email address)

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Wayne said:

Would love to know more about the adventure in Maryland at the state park for my wife and myself as hosts.

wshelton14@yahoo.com

Herbert and Sally Shelton

I suggest that you send him an email as he probably has little time to look for you. It sounds like a great spot and the hours asked are less than typical . If we were available I'd be sending an email off to  zachary.bruce@maryland.gov 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

A beautiful park and a fantastic location for mid atlantic sight seeing.  It's a busy place during season so you'll have your hands full, for sure.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

On 3/12/2017 at 3:16 PM, Wayne said:

Would love to know more about the adventure in Maryland at the state park for my wife and myself as hosts.

wshelton14@yahoo.com

Herbert and Sally Shelton

Have been there many times. It is at the site of one of the largest Civil War prisoner of war camps. Chesapeake Bay and Potomac river surrounds the park. Many beautiful RV sites right on the water. Very large private sites with tall marsh grasses for privacy. Big rigs can go in easily. Verizon will connect. Rangers at the park are accomadating and likeable.

Lots of history surrounding the area. Close to St. Mary's City, first capital of Maryland. Many small museums in the area. Twenty miles to the Naval Air Warfare Center, site of the Navy Test Pilot School with over 20,000 employees working at the center. Also a nice Naval Air Test and Evaluation museum there. Annapolis is about 70 miles and Washington D.C. about the same for nice day trips.

Small grocery and hardware store is within a few miles of the park. However, major shopping is 25 miles. Also, with a wet spring, the mosquitoes at the park can be severe. Although, we have been there and hardly seen a mosquito. Does get hot and humid in July/August. All in all, for someone new to the area, could be a great experience. 

Archived