Go Full Retro? 1950 Diamond T

Dennis M

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

WOW. COuple other things I noticed: Two shift levers...so either a two stick tranny or a extra overdrive unit on the back. Also, notice how the Tach is closer to the driver than the Speedo? Anyway, gorgeous ride.

No camper at present.

Way too many farm machines to maintain.

Also, notice how the Tach is closer to the driver than the Speedo?

Tickets (if the truck was even powerful enough to get one, back in the day) came out of the driver's pocket. Blown engines cost far more and were the owner's responsibility, which was often a different pocket entirely.

All of the gauges pertaining to vital engine information are "closer to the driver" than is the speedometer. The truck companies knew where the owner's priorities were.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

Go to the ATHS (antique truck) website for all kinds of stuff for sale like that. This one is over priced, but good luck to him.

Antique truck prices are held down because of the limited number of people who are licensed to drive them. As far as I know, just because it may be a historical vehicle doesn't let you out of the CDL requirement.

I wouldn't mind getting a 1963 Studebaker 8E tractor with a 471 Detroit diesel. Not many around, but I know of a few.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

Cool video... and very entertaining indeed.

I think that one lever is for hi-low range and one for splitting the gears...leaving the other one for the manual shifting..

And I hear ya on the no hands :)

Cheers,

Bob

1989 Safari Serengeti 34'
Towing a 1952 M38A1 Military Willys

Past HDT owner

Archived