Now I'll buy a set of these!

Big5er

I'd definitely be interested in a few photos of the projector from the back side. Odds are it's the same bolt pattern all of the other Volvo lights (including the knockoffs) are using--if not, I'd at least like to put up a note saying so until I can get a redesigned bracket ready for them.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

I'd definitely be interested in a few photos of the projector from the back side. Odds are it's the same bolt pattern all of the other Volvo lights (including the knockoffs) are using--if not, I'd at least like to put up a note saying so until I can get a redesigned bracket ready for them.

No problem. Need me to measure anything before I put them on the truck?

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Here we go.

2547600c-64c8-4621-8013-0f6056d1d7a6-s.j

View High Resolution Photo

18c1e3a5-1427-4f41-bbce-5f7784bf4b9c-s.j

42f19bad-b39f-47ff-980a-debaf68f0eba-s.j

6ef06181-0450-4197-82bd-e5a9059043c2-s.j

3c134eb3-616e-40a9-95c5-e6fed4df5259-s.j

0dae8333-9aee-46f2-abe8-4f79e4dfba7b-s.j

00423350-0ca7-4d80-beb5-e2320ecbd286-s.j

09a74c9c-c321-486c-84ca-8a281c3c5e16-s.j

Low Beams

eca2ce0d-b41a-4a5d-9c89-07b7d602442b-s.j

High Beams

8169c3b3-e563-4c12-bd31-6d4347fb7c6c-s.j

037d2170-1601-4aaf-ae96-a7c5b15739ff-s.j

All in all, I'm satisfied with the lights. However, my situation may be unique. I actually needed new housings, my previous housings were tinted (too much). That being said, I do not believe there is a significant improvement over the light output from good, clean housings with good bulbs in them. I wouldn't call this a light output upgrade.

David, I thought United was a decent brand. Both the larger chrome shops here handle United as their main light supplier. Am I wrong or is United just a distributor?

My lights have been buffed more than I care to mention. I spent 2 days sanding, buffing and polishing last time. The gasket around the outside is gone, so I have to do something anyway. I'll let you know how they look/work/etc.

5er, lot's of Names used to be good Brands and then they stopped making things in the US. now you never know what you are getting, or where it's made until it's too late.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

All in all, I'm satisfied with the lights. However, my situation may be unique. I actually needed new housings, my previous housings were tinted (too much). That being said, I do not believe there is a significant improvement over the light output from good, clean housings with good bulbs in them. I wouldn't call this a light output upgrade.

That's about what I expected. The projectors look like the same ones I've seen in other Chinese housings--any interest in testing one of the upgrade kits?

I should have asked earlier what kind of bulb they used for the turn signal--I have a cheap set of housings that used a bayonet style bulb instead of a wedge base, and it has fallen out of the holder on several occasions.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

That's about what I expected. The projectors look like the same ones I've seen in other Chinese housings--any interest in testing one of the upgrade kits?

I should have asked earlier what kind of bulb they used for the turn signal--I have a cheap set of housings that used a bayonet style bulb instead of a wedge base, and it has fallen out of the holder on several occasions.

Absolutely. These things could definitely use some more output.

I did not check the bulb in the signal, but I can when I get back around lunch. I'll let you know.

Archived