Georgie Boy Question

gypsydan

There is a 28 ft. Georgie Boy Cruise Master (1999) for sale on Ebay. The dealer swears it is 28', but NADA does not show that size being made in 1999. Does anyone have any info on this little conundrum? Did Georgie Boy make a 28' in 1999, maybe a special model not listed in NADA?

Thanks for any info which might add clarity.

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

I am pretty sure that NADA is accurate. We owned a 1998 Cruise Master, 3515 that we bought new and kept for 14 years. At the time that we bought ours, the smallest CM was the model 2908, which was listed as 29' 6" long and I think it may have been available in a 1999 version even though it isn't listed on NADA. Their listings are based upon reported sales by members or subscribers so it is possible that there could be some models that are not shown which were built but my guess is that the ad is not correct in the length.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I am pretty sure that NADA is accurate. We owned a 1998 Cruise Master, 3515 that we bought new and kept for 14 years. At the time that we bought ours, the smallest CM was the model 2908, which was listed as 29' 6" long and I think it may have been available in a 1999 version even though it isn't listed on NADA. Their listings are based upon reported sales by members or subscribers so it is possible that there could be some models that are not shown which were built but my guess is that the ad is not correct in the length.

Kirk, Thank you for your response. I know you have applauded Georgie Boy over the years, and am glad to hear yours was a 1998, so the 1999 quality "should" be nearly the same. I say "nearly" because of this link about Georgie Boy having been bought out by Coachman in 1995. Since you report good experience with your '98, maybe they had not yet transferred the production from Georgie Boy facilities to Coachman facilities by '99. [fingers crossed] It is sad when good models get bought out by less than stellar mfg's - but I guess that has becoming the current landscape over the past few decades. .

I've sent the vin # to coachman to see if they might still have info on that yr/model.

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

I know you have applauded Georgie Boy over the years, and am glad to hear yours was a 1998, so the 1999 quality "should" be nearly the same. I say "nearly" because of this link about Georgie Boy having been bought out by Coachman in 1995. Since you report good experience with your '98, maybe they had not yet transferred the production from Georgie Boy facilities to Coachman facilities by '99. [fingers crossed] It is sad when good models get bought out by less than stellar mfg's - but I guess that has becoming the current landscape over the past few decades. .

I've sent the vin # to coachman to see if they might still have info on that yr/model.

While GB was purchased by Coachman Industries in Sept. of 1994, the operations continued in the Michigan factory with pretty much autonomous operation through the 90's and up to 2005 when they closed the Michigan facility and moved all operations to their Indiana plants. Eventually the entire GB line was absorbed into the Coachman brand and several of their models were discontinued. Those years in the mid 2000/2010 were difficult times for the RV industry with many brands being absorbed or disappearing.

From what I've been able to read, the GB was a good rig while being built by GB, but lost its luster when built by Coachmen.

I found this which might help you...it is a link to the Georgie Boys owners forums. We belong to one that is for our RV and it has been a tremendous help in finding information.

http://www.georgieboyclub.com/

This group might be defunct, as I've not been able to locate an administrator, and reports on other forums suggest the admin is not responding to them either. The last posting was in 8/16. So, if I purchase this rig, I will have to rely on the general community for any help I might need.

Thanks for all the help.

As Kirk mentioned, our 2001 GB Landou was built in the Michigan plant, and I've found it to be better built with more attention to details than our previous Coachmen Catalina Class A built in Indiana. Our coach states it was built by Georgie Boy Manufacturing on the build sheet and title with no mention of Coachmen anywhere. I don't think post move to Indiana rigs say that, but I'm not sure...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

I had a 2005 Georgieboy Pursuit that was built on a 2004 chassis. a pretty common occurrence. The quality was pretty good, I had no major problems for the 2 years that I owned it and enjoyed using it. Some companies round the size or down to eliminate confusion with other models they have, mine was a 3500 DS with an exterior length of 34' 9". Not everyone has the actual number correct and guess at the size. It might be up or down a little, be sure the title is correct and you should be alright.

Have fun!

Happy Trails,

Florida Mike

EXPERTS AREN'T!! :D

I had a 2005 Georgieboy Pursuit that was built on a 2004 chassis. a pretty common occurrence.

My 1998 Cruise Master was just the reverse of that as it was a 98 coach that had a 1999 chassis. This is pretty rare but mine was not alone in that as Ford introduced their redesigned chassis with the Triton V-10 engine in March of 1998 as an early release, 99 chassis so there were several manufacturers who had a few like that. There was no 1998 F54 chassis as they continued the 97 version until March of 98 when the first of the new chassis were shipped. Those early chassis were all of them built to an 18K GVWR and then in the fall (Sept. I think) the 20.5k version was released and so on. We ordered our CM in Jan. with the specification that it was to be built on the new F-54 which had been announced but not released, in order to get the higher GVWR, which was only 16k up to that time. Prior to that they were also a much different chassis and powered by the 460.

My 1998 Cruise Master was just the reverse of that as it was a 98 coach that had a 1999 chassis. This is pretty rare but mine was not alone in that as Ford introduced their redesigned chassis with the Triton V-10 engine in March of 1998 as an early release, 99 chassis so there were several manufacturers who had a few like that. There was no 1998 F54 chassis as they continued the 97 version until March of 98 when the first of the new chassis were shipped. Those early chassis were all of them built to an 18K GVWR and then in the fall (Sept. I think) the 20.5k version was released and so on. We ordered our CM in Jan. with the specification that it was to be built on the new F-54 which had been announced but not released, in order to get the higher GVWR, which was only 16k up to that time. Prior to that they were also a much different chassis and powered by the 460.

Kirk ,

Maybe you meant to say F 53 . I can't recall ever hearing about an F 54 .

Goes around , comes around .

Archived