travel with an Indiana Pouch

Tex Bigfoot

I wont go into the details but it seems that in the next few weeks i may be having my bladder removed due to cancer .

This is not cut and dried yet but close.

Has anyone here had this procedue and if so are you still able to travel and for the most part have a normal life?

I've been reading ( probably way to much ) and have read a lot of the stories that people tell concerning life after this procedure and it is pretty scary. But of course the alternative is worse.

At this point the farm is going up for sale ( been contemplating this for a few years anyway) we will find a house with lower maintenance but it would really bother me if we can't take a few trips.

I see no reason you could not travel by RV. I have a neighbor who not only travels but he also rides is big motorcycle. His bag is under his clothing and most who don't know him are unaware that it is there.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

My father had this done and full timed for five years afterward. He was a positive person who tried to see the best in any situation. When asked about the procedure, he would respond by saying it was the best thing happened to him in years, that now he could sleep all night instead of having to get up and pee every two hours.

I'm sorry you're going through this, but it's an amazing surgery which will allow you a fairly normal lifestyle for many more years. Good luck to you.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Wow i really was not expecting this fast of response. Thank you.

I go in for a final biopsy in early December and depending on the pathology ether have more of what is called BCG treatments or removal.

I guess the good news is the Doctors are saying that we have caught it early enough that we can take the time to make the right decision the first time .

If you do end up with a cystectomy and ileal loop, how it effects your activities and life is pretty much under your control. I have seen folks who were devastated and others who adapted and pretty much lived the life they chose.

Best of luck to you

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

If you do end up with a cystectomy and ileal loop, how it effects your activities and life is pretty much under your control. I have seen folks who were devastated and others who adapted and pretty much lived the life they chose.

Best of luck to you

this is going to be my choice but I have learned over the years that anytime a doctor looks at you with a scalpel in his hand life really is never the same .

Thus my question .

Thank you all

I have a friend that has one and you would never know unless he said something about it. he doesn't full time but he drives a truck and travels all over.

Dave and Marge

2010 Phaeton Motor Home
Previous Mobile Suites 36 RSSB3 (for sale)
and 2005 FL M2-106 Sport (for sale after 5er sells)

Sounds like you have time to sort this out. If I were in Texas, I would at least get an opinion from the folks at MD Anderson, to see what they had to say.

I prefer to see someone where they see my problem every day.

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

Archived