Parks near Houston

tinstartrvlr

If you stay there, do not leave anything out unless it is locked down. The traffic is horrible on weekend due to the flea market. Sites are small and crowded.

Ken

That's what I was thinking when I saw the post...on the weekends that area is absolutely crazy...looks like one of the large markets in Mexico City!!!!

Another consideration Houston West RV Park in Brookshire just off of I-10 West. It's about an hour out of Houston. But it is only 15-20 minutes away from Fulsher, Rosenberg, and Sealy. Plenty of decent to really good restaurants nearby along with places to shop. If desperate, Camping World in only ten minutes away.

http://www.hwrvpark.com

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

Thanks all for the responses. After a drive through Houston, I am glad I am not staying anywhere near there. Found what looks like a nice place (KOA actually) a couple hours away. Long drive to Houston, but better for peace and quiet!

Many of us stay in Houston to access the TX medical center. Staying a "couple of hours" away isn't an option for us. Heck, we live in Rockport and we're less than 3 hours away, but I don't consider that commutable to Houston!

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

For driving in to Houston once or twice a week Livingston is not much further than many of the other places. There are two sections to the park Old and Rainbow Oaks We usually stay in Rainbow Oaks but there are very nice sites in the other section as well. Quiet friendly place and full of SKPs. It is our first choice in the area and besides, we can pick up our mail for free :)

'12 Phaeton 36 QSH hauling '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon 4 down. Follow our travels Click here

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at Brazos online,,,looks nice. Worth checking out for sure as a stopover at least, maybe for a week or two. Thanks.

I keep a spot at this park year round it is our "home park" it is a very nice place with great owners.

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Archived