Help With Directv Setup

First trip away from our S&B this year and Can not get connected to 101, 110 and 119 on a 3LNB 18 x 20 antenna. I did make a connection with 110 but since haven't had the other 2 focused. I can get each independently. I did practice at home and was successful. I have been doing this for years and can not figure out why it won't connect today.

Thanks for your help. Jim Ault overlander1@live.com 480-807-0333

First and foremost be sure the antenna mast on your tripod is level and is pointed roughly toward the azimuth needed. Mount the antenna and recheck level. Next, set the skew to zero, or it may be 90*. Set the elevation for the location you are in. Move the antenna to a counterclockwise position from the required azimuth setting (left of what's needed). Swing the antenna clockwise and the first satellite you will hit is 101. Optimize the signal strength with fine movements. Adjust skew to the required setting and then check signal strength of the other satellites. Be sure to tighten all bolts when done.

Full time since August 2010

2002 Itasca Horizon

One fur kid - a Shih-Tsu rescue

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

We have a DirecTV installer here right now. He used a phone App to determine why our roof mount Dish wouldn't pull in the 119 satellite for OK locals. Turns out a tree way across the road and behind the Office has a couple of limbs in the way.

But fortunately, we don't need 119 to get Shreveport HD locals.

2014 DRV
Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB .... our home
2014 Ford F450 4x4 .... his office
Fulltimers since 3/2005

overlander, It all depends on how far you have traveled from home. If it is 100 miles or more, your dish will need to be adjusted from the numbers you used at home. use Satellite Finder, http://www.dishpointer.com/ , either online or a smartphone app, and take down the numbers for your current location. Next compare the numbers, elevation, azimuth and skew, to your home numbers. Now adjust the dish for the difference and fine tune as necessary. You will need to do this every time you move any distance. Be sure and check for obstructions. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

Update..... I appreciate the responses. I located 101 and I am now receiving many stations. I have been doing this since 1993, BUT today I was thrown off the horse. I keep notes for the sequence BUT following these steps I have developed, I NEVER had trouble like this. No trees in the way..... I believe my antenna is twisted and the 3 LNBs' can not focus properly. All of the guide hasn't filled in but I can manage if it doesn't. Thank you very much......Jim

We have a DirecTV installer here right now. He used a phone App to determine why our roof mount Dish wouldn't pull in the 119 satellite for OK locals. Turns out a tree way across the road and behind the Office has a couple of limbs in the way.

But fortunately, we don't need 119 to get Shreveport HD locals.

We've run into the same problem here in Maine with 119. There's a tree limb across the way that's interfering just enough that I can't get HD for my locals. I have to go into the system and change the settings so it'll show SD. It's not that big of a deal, but the quality isn't what we've become used to.

Fulltiming since 2010

2000 Dutch Star

2009 Saturn Vue

Myrtle Beach, SC

Archived