Quartzside parking

Yeti

There is no *one* place where Escapees members park. Each group...BOF and Chapters...have their own area where they get together. For example, the Boomers park on free BLM land southeast of town. Find the group or groups you'd like to visit and then find out where their get-together spot is.

The Escapees Club has a Happy Hour during one day. I believe the location has changed, but I don't remember where it is now. The Escapees Magazine probably will have a blurb about it.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

We just spent 2 weeks at Hi Jolly area at Quartzsite. Arrived in Ogilby area east of Yuma today. As Linda stated we can be anywhere.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

I saw this post recently:

"We got an email from Escapees today and there has been a change to the annual Happy Hour. It will be one day only, Wednesday January 18th. The location has also changed and will now be on Plomosa Rd. near the ELKS BOF. I'm sure someone in charge will have an update here as time gets closer".

The above was posted in the 'Escapees RV Club Events' section on this forum. You might check back to see if anyone made additional comments.

You'll find a lot of groups are there the last two weeks of January as that is when the RV Show happens. That's when the Boomer group gets together, for one. To get to the Boomers, take the south frontage road heading east until it ends. This will be paved. Then turn right on the gravel road - usually good condition but go slow for the dust - and drive about 1-1/2 miles to a big curve in the road. Look to the right at the curve and you'll see about 100 rigs grouped together - the Boomers. They will have signs posted as you get off I-10 and leading to the frontage road. It's a very, very friendly group and you'd be more than welcome and stay as long as you like during that 2-week period. They have many activities to partake within the group. . lots of fun. No age restriction. :)

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

As far as I'm aware the only BOF that spends more than a few weeks at Q is the BUFF/BOF. They always set up in the Magic Circle area of La Posa South. The Magic Circle is a TNS club (The Naturist Society) club that occupies an area of about 80 or so acres out towards the South East section of La Posa South.. Quite a few of the members are SKP-BUFFs. There are other individual SKP members that will be in the Quartzsite area through the winter of course but not in an organized fashion or location except for when the big RV show is setting up in the latter weeks of January and the first weeks in February.

Dave and Joyce Jeffries

Dodge 2500 and a 34' Copper Canyon 5er

Archived