Questions about Dish and winegard carryout

I'am really getting tired of Dierctv raising their fees. Considering switching to Dish. At least, if I switch I will enjoy 2 years of reduced programming fees.

My questions are, will the vip211z reciever work with the winegard carryout dish? Another question is what portable dish will I need to use on a tripod as a backup if unable to use carryout? I believe the model number I've seen is 1002??

Thanks for your replies.

Jim

Carryout should work just fine with a VIP211Z.

The only reason to go to a tripod would be for a DVR. Then it would be a DPP 1000.2 and get a TV4RV.com tripod for it.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

There are several carry out models. I would think any Dish model would work with the Vip211z, but it would be a good idea to google the specific model to be sure. The tripod model would be the Dish 1000.2 antenna. It should be provided with a new Dish install ...mine was last year, and I provided the short RV tripod and had the installer tune it in.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

The Winegard Pathway X2 is a better choice for a Dish automatic dome for the VIP series receivers in my opinion. The X2 is capable of receiving both the Dish eastern or western arc satellites, allowing more aiming options on tree covered sites. I also prefer the VIP211K receiver over the newer 211z, primarily for the built-in over the air reception instead of using an added cost USB adapter. If you plan to upgrade to a multi-tuner DVR model the Hopper series in the future though, a tripod mounted double or triple LNB dish like the 1000.2 or 1000.4 is required, unless you spend the big bucks for a western arc only automated roof dish like the Winegard Trav'ler.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Thanks for the replies. I have the carryout dome a the present time. At this time I do not plan on having the hopper type system in the RV. When I change I will have it at the sticks and bricks. Only need a total of two receivers so some along the hopper type for the house and the 211z/k for the Rv.

Thanks again,

Jim

Archived