$1000 fine for fueling at the wrong pump

10ponies

10ponies, I am sorry to hear that you lost. Too bad the judge wasn't a bit more understanding.

Thanks for giving everyone here the heads up.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read thru this thread, and am wondering if I missed something.

Does the discussion in this thread apply to diesel, gas, or both?

In other words, how would it apply to a 2-axle, gas, class A, weighing over 26,001?

2009 Four Winds Chateau - 25' class C          2002 Chevy Tracker

1458033694__statesVisitedas-ofMarch-2012.jpg.b173645da4a43150ba2820dc7a6bdfc5.jpg

From Wanderlodge Owners Group website, 10-9-2014.

Poster called AZ DOT morning of 10-9-2014.

"I then called (602-712-8381) AGAIN and talked to Mark Zimmerman, a Senior Administrator (as opposed to a Junior Administrator or a Deputy Junior Administrator ) He mentioned that he is being deluged with questions regarding the law we have been trying to figure out. Mark explained that there are grey areas in the law and it is very convoluted (tell me something I don't know). He understands that the pump sticker and the law wording is not clear .

He further explained that the legislature specifically states that an RV is not a "use fuel vehicle" (used for commercial purpose) and he said that all privately owned RV's are exempt from paying the higher tax rate. He said a "use fuel vehicle" is a vehicle used for commercial purposes (for hire) only.

He said they are working on a "legal statement" which would specifically spell out the exemption to the "use fuel vehicle" tax that RV's have in the state of Arizona." end quote

----------

From another post, same website:

quote:

The first attachment is an email I just received from Mr. Mark Zimmerman, who is the Senior Division Administrator for the AZ Revenue and Fuel Tax Administration. In this email, he explains how private RV's that are not subject to weight fees (as defined in ARS 28-5432) are allowed to fuel at Arizona's lower $.18 fuel tax pumps. The Policy Statement in the second attachment, letter B, specifically exempts private motorhomes from weight fees and therefore from the Fuel Use Tax.

If you have commercial enterprise lettering plastered all over your coach/trailer or your coach is registered under a business entity's name, you might want to refuel at the big boy pumps and pay the higher tax. I may put a "Private Coach" stencil on my coach next to the entry door just to be safe. Always wondered why people do that and now I know.

If you are planning to refuel in AZ, I'd recommend you print out and carry both docs. They might come in handy should an Arizona Tax Revenue Inspector flash his badge and ask for your "papers"!

endquote

I will attempt to post attachments in my next post that will follow his one.

Dan - SKP club member

One atachment loaded

File size of the pdf with best information from AZ DOT is 165kb, and this site will not let it upload (too large).

If someone knows how to fix that I will email it to you to post. PM me your email address and I will send it.

post-1654-0-30310300-1430312415.jpg

Dan - SKP club member

If you have commercial enterprise lettering plastered all over your coach/trailer or your coach is registered under a business entity's name, you might want to refuel at the big boy pumps and pay the higher tax. I may put a "Private Coach" stencil on my coach next to the entry door just to be safe. Always wondered why people do that and now I know.

10ponies already stated that he was told the same thing since he is registered to a Montana LLC. Putting "private coach" on the side of your truck doesn't change or prove anything. Carrying a copy of your registration that shows it is registered to YOU and not an LLC is all you need.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived