View new content....not working?

TXiceman

For several days it appears that the View New Content is not refreshing. I flushed the caches on Firefox twice and no change. For a day or so I was getting a "database error" back from Escapees Forum.

You having problems?

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Nope logged in. I go through the individual forum and find new messages, but view new content is not showing everything new.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I noticed the same problem. Fortunately, it now appears to have been fixed.

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

I got the same "database error" for a couple of days earlier this week, but when the forums were back up and running, everything appears to be working just fine (and I didn't have to log back in).

When you click on the "View New Content," check the left-hand side of the page to make sure your choices haven't accidently changed.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Same problem, I made no changes, a couple days later it was working again. I assume the forum server or software was having a problem. It would be nice if the administrator made a notification they were having difficulties. Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

I tried to PM a couple of the so called administrators and I get a notice that they did not use this mail service. Great, Administrators that you cannot contact.

Ken

Still not working. On the forum main page I find new post, but view new content does not bring them up/

Ken

Still not working. On the forum main page I find new post, but view new content does not bring them up/

Ken

That is really acting like you're not logged in. That's exactly what happens. I know you said you were but........ :) Is your login name showing on the very first area in black on the top right of the page?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I was and still am logged it. Now it seems to be working with out your link.

Ken

Well it is back to acting up. ie. NOT WORKING.

No matter what selections I pick on the left, I do not get up dated on the View New Content. I have to got to the main forum page and go into the subforms to se all of the updated post.

Why can't an Administrator check this and respond?

I have been site moderator and site administrator on a large RV site and complaints like this were picked up and responded to.

Is this anyway to run a railroad?

Ken

If so many people are successfully getting View New Content, why do you believe the Website Administrator can fix your problem?

The View New Content is based upon a cookie on your disk. When you are logged into the website, then the cookie is accessed to see what the last content time you saw an generates a display of Since Last Visit, last 24 hrs, etc.

The View New Content would not be available if you weren't logged in.

So the probability is something is wrong with the cookie. Delete the cookie, probably the easier way is to delete them all instead of trying to figure which cookie it is. Flushing caches does not necessarily delete cookies.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Cleared all of the cookies twice. Still no go. Logged in and logged out. Flushed Cache, checked for updates on Firefox.

I give up for now and will just work my way down the forums that I have interest. And will try again in a week or so.

Ken

The forums were down for a while around 11:00 PM AZ time last night for another database error.

Frustrating to hear of problems like Ken's where the usual remedies don't work. I had to remove 9 cookies for the forums, clear the cache and restart the browser last time I had a glitch like his before things started working again. I'm in about the same position he is on his problem, wait it out and see if it improves.

As an alternative you could try another browser until Firefox starts working better, Chrome is pretty good or if you are feeling brave (sorry, couldn't resist this) you could play with Brave that is interesting but still in the early stages of development. https://brave.com/

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I will stick to FireFox. I do not care for Chrome.

Ken

Changing browsers is not a life commitment. It is a step in trouble shooting. There are several to choose from IE, Firefox, Chrome, Vilvaldi. If changing the browser changes the condition, then more step to cure Firefox usage can be made.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived