Tucson 2017?

We just got an email about a San Diego HOP which lists April 10 thru 15, 2017. It is noted in the HOP info that it will be after the 2017 Escapade in Tucson, AZ. The HOPS and the Escapades of course are separate. The new dates for the Escapades aren't usually announced until during this years Escapades or just following this years Escapades if memory serves me correctly.

Yes it is in Tuscon in March. That announcement has not been official from the Escapade directors etc. All though there has been some general knowledge of that.

I'm sure the Escapees News email was written by the HOP directors and they wanted to be sure people understood it would follow and tie into Escapade

So now you know so please plans early to come and have fun

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

It would be helpful for (at least) me if they did announce the dates a year ahead of time. I make commitments that far out, and we would like to attend at least one Escapade before we die. :) So far, having been Escapees members since 1999 we have not been able to schedule one..... :(

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I agree with you Jack. I am a planner and plan about a year out. When there were East and West Escpades, many years ago, we managed to make them once in a while. I think we have now gone many years without going to one. We are going to Vermont but will be a trip specific for the Escapade.

Ditto for long range planning. We like to plan our trips in the fùture.

Txtiger- the Escapade will probably be held at the Pima county fairgrounds where it was last year. I am sure they will have better WiFi and more FHU hookups in 2017. The fairgrounds staff was very accommodating at the event.

Warren & Sandy

2006 New Horizons 36 ft 5ver

2003 Freightliner FL60 - Mountain Master conversion

Hi guys..the 57th Escapade does indeed take place in Tucson, AZ, March 19 - 24, 2017 at the Pima County Fairgrounds. The contracts were only recently received and the rack cards and flyers have just been printed.

For you long range planners, Escapade will return to Tucson, AZ in March of 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023, and 2025. The official dates for future years (after 2017) are not yet slated, but it will be during the second or third weeks of March (due to other commitments at Pima County FGs.) So, make your plans now for Tucson! (Please don't ask about the even years yet! :rolleyes: )

As to Pima County FGs...many major improvements are underway there including renovation of the main (Old Pueblo Hall) building to include sound and climate control, the addition of four seminar rooms, and new restrooms. They are also adding about 168 FHU sites and many electric and water sites.

Verizon just committed to install a cell tower on the property for adequate cell and data.

The folks at Pima are working hard to improve the facility and accommodate the needs of a rally the size of Escapade; it should be well suited for future rallies. You will indeed hear more about it at Escapade in Vermont, but now you know! Feel free to let us know if you want or need more info!!

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Thank you so much. This is something I have asked for for many years so we could do some future planning. Even if tentative it gives all of us some ideas about where the Escapade might be. I have missed so many Escapades that we could have attended because I found out after I had made plans for the seasons.

Where in Tucson and what dates. Same for the HOP in San Diego as to location.

Wine & Beer Tasting and Sightseeing, too!

April 10 - 15, 20175faa988f-e555-4499-b5bb-1a641298a66f.jpg

With pristine beaches, amazing weather and endless possibilities for activities, this adventure should be on your bucket list!

After the Tucson Escapade, join us for five nights and four fun-filled days of VIP-chauffeured tours, with fun and knowledgeable tour guides!

Start this adventure with a beer-appreciation presentation during a behind-the-scenes tour, learning about the history of brewing beer and experiencing the best craft beers in San Diego. A light lunch will be included, along with a souvenir from the brewery tours. Enjoy ample tastings on these tours!

Take a relaxing ride on an all-day tour to several family-owned vineyards that are like gems, hidden in the rolling hills of the San Diego Wine Country. Your guide will entertain you with local history and a wine appreciation presentation. Savor delicious fruits and cheeses, paired with superb fine wines. Stroll through the vineyards and see how the local wines are made. End this amazing day with a nice dinner and fine wines, overlooking these spectacular wineries. Enjoy 18 tastings at these wineries!

The fun won’t stop there! Enjoy the last two days with guided tours to the most popular attractions, historical sites and learn fun and fascinating facts, on these fully-narrated tours in beautiful San Diego. Be treated to gorgeous views of the Big Bay, and the city’s skyline from atop the Coronado Bridge. Visit the island of Coronado, home of the historic Hotel del Coronado, as well as the Coronado Beach. Visit Balboa Park, with its numerous museums, gardens, The Old Globe Theatre and the world famous San Diego Zoo! Travel through historic Gaslamp Quarter, Old Town, the Embarcadero and Little Italy, just to mention a few!

Registration Includes:

• Experience craft beers tastings on private guided Brewery tours
  • A beer appreciation presentation
  • Tour behind the scenes of the beer making process
  • Lunch at a brewery
  • Fruits and cheeses
  • Souvenir brewery gift
  • Tasting of 13 different beers
  • Experience superb wine tastings on private guided Winery tours
  • A wine appreciation presentation
  • A stroll through the vineyards
  • Dinner and fine wine, with seating that overlooks the wine fields
  • Souvenir wine gift
  • Tasting of ample wines at family owned wineries
  • Enjoy 2 days of guided and fully-narrated tours of San Diego
  • RV parking
  • Beer and wine-tasting fees included
  • Driver and transportation to and from RV park
  • Your HOP host
  • Spuds for dinner
  • Souvenir HOP name tag
  • Taxes and gratuities
  • And much more!
Note: Non-Escapees members are welcome to attend, too!

There is a $50.00 charge for nonmembers. However, if you join Escapees, the $50.00 will be waived. To join the Escapees RV Club, please call, toll-free, at 888-757-2582.

The above comes from the Escapee E-news which you can sign up to receive.

........ I am sure they will have better WiFi and more FHU hookups in 2017. The fairgrounds staff was very accommodating at the event.

The WiFi issue at Tucson last year was due to the lack of presence of the WiFi Ranger folks, due to a family emergency. They have long been regulars at each Escapade and they bring in a mobile unit that provides WiFi to pretty much the entire facility, for free. I suspect that the fairgrounds WiFi may also be improved as a part of this package, but don't know for sure. Last time we were at Tucson, the best WiFi that was available was in Old Pueblo Hall and was being provided by Technomadia with their personal equipment. They were kind enough to set it up for us when the Ranger had to cancel on short notice.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thank you so much. This is something I have asked for for many years so we could do some future planning. Even if tentative it gives all of us some ideas about where the Escapade might be. I have missed so many Escapades that we could have attended because I found out after I had made plans for the seasons.

Ditto from Danielle and I. It is very likely we will attend 2017. I was just about to make some commitments (speaking engagement at another Rally) for that timeframe that would have taken us too far away geographically for attendance to be feasible, so this was great timing. Thanks, Bob and Molly!!

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Could be that we could hook you up for such an opportunity at Tucson next year, if you are interested..... :)

Thanks, Kirk, but I'm going to try to "enjoy" the Escapade if we get there!! :)

www.jackdanmayer.com

. Do most people come a day early and leave a day late? i.e., are the dates listed for Escapades activity dates or do they include move in / move out days?

Participants are scheduled to arrive this year on July 22 & 23, with opening in the afternoon of the 24th. Activities end on the 29th with the "Hitch-up Breakfast." Staff begin arriving very early for key positions, with all of the activity chairs scheduled to arrive on July 15 and the remaining staff on the 21st. In addition to the very busy schedule of Escapade activities, there are many social gatherings in the campground and many people attend as much for the socials as for the seminars and entertainment. You also have the opportunity to actually meet key members of the Escapee staff and management as well as the majority of those who hold volunteer positions in the club.

There are always a few who arrive late but most do so on one of the two scheduled days and there are also a few who must leave early for one reason or another, but that number is also not large. I think that there are some who leave on the final night and more who leave early on the last day, skipping the final breakfast event, but we have found that we prefer to be in less rush as traffic is less problem. You also have the option to stay an extra day and a fair number of folks do that also, and just spend the extra day visiting the local attractions or socializing in the campground.

I am not big on rallies and large gatherings, but this is much more like a super, family reunion. We were among those who were Escapees for a long time before attending our first Escapade, and at one time it seemed that every time we planned to go, someone in the family would get married or have a baby. After 10 years of membership, we planned to visit Escapade in Goshen and didn't tell anyone in the family until less than a week before and finally got there. We were so impressed that each year since we have become more and more involved in the event and now consider it to be a priority in our event year.

We also are looking forward to the Escapade. For us, it will be our first trip back "home" since going full time. Enjoy the area while there. It is pretty special. Rt2 through the Champlain Islands is a must.

Rick & Mary Sorensen

Molly - Boston Terrier

2016 Ford F350 DRW 6.8 L diesel

2016 Mobile Suites 36RSSDB3

Full Timers w/ SD Residency

Enjoy the area while there. It is pretty special. Rt2 through the Champlain Islands is a must.

Thanks for the suggestion! We will be there early as part of staff and we plan to spend some time after, before we start to travel to the west. Looking forward to seeing you there. :D

I am planning on wintering in Tucson 2016/2017 so this will be my first Escapade. I lived in San Diego for 35 years so probably won't go to the HOP there. Nothing new to do.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

They try to move them around as much as possible to get closer to as many members as they can, but the number of facilities that are capable of dealing with 500 to 1000 RVs, many of whom want full hookups, as well as a group who don't want any hookups and also has the needed facilities really limits the places that will work. Then through in the fact that multiyear contracts dramatically lower the cost and increase the willingness of the facility to do things that will better accommodate the group and it begins to show why they tend to repeat at some locations over and over. If you look back there have been many at Sedalia, MO and at Goshen, IN because they are about the only facilities in the center of the country that meet the needs of our gatherings. There used to be one in Lancaster, CA fairly frequently and there are several other locations where it has been more than once over the years. Attendance in a location is also one of the driving factors.

All of that is above my pay-grade, so we have pretty much exhausted my knowledge on the subject, but I have observed that finding locations is not a simple thing. I too like the Tucson location, but am looking forward to this year in VT as we have not been there in years!

Archived