Jury Summons from Livingston

I full time with an Livingston, TX (Escapee) address. I just received our mail forwarded from Escapees' and I find a Jury Summons from the District Clerk in Livingston. When I opened my forwarded mail this morning I see I was to have appeared in the Polk County Judicial Center last week. I don't qualify for any of the seven "acceptable" Exemptions. I full time and have not been to Livingston for 14 months now. I don't expect to return for another 10 +/- months.

Any suggestions on how to handle this would be appreciated.

Eric, currently outside Fort Wayne, IN

Eric and Suzie Perplies

fulltimers since 6/04

1996 42' Bluebird Wanderlodge

Just call them at the phone number provided on the summons (or from the county's website) and tell them what you said in your OP.

Jeff & Laurie

South Texas

Hounds: Auggie (beer drinking English Cocker Spaniel)

Angus (five pounds of bad azz chihuahua)

Homebase: 2015 Heartland 365 Key West -- The "Uno Mas"

The Office: 2016 Crossroads Hill Country 26RB

They sure do make it easy. I seem to get a summons every year and they never give me a hassle, just ask that if I ever DO come to town, I check to see if they need any jurors. Fair enough :)

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

It happened to us though our residence is Maryland. Called them and explained our situation(Fulltimers), they said we'd be removed from any further summonses.

Fulltiming since 2010

2000 Dutch Star

2009 Saturn Vue

Myrtle Beach, SC

Funny story: Livingston has been so good about cancelling our jury duty notices. So we decided to be nice and spend a month in Livingston and call the courthouse as requested when we return to the area. Well, it was November 2013 so we did just that (plus we had other things to take care of). We thought we were being nice and doing our duty. When we called as soon as getting into town, the response was "oh, we don't do jury trials in November"! Geeze..we tried!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

If you get a summons but are released without service, your name goes right back into the lottery, while if you do report for service, even if released your name then goes to the bottom of the list.

On the volunteer for jury service thing, we did so volunteer some years ago and when we called the court to do so they asked us to report on the following Monday as they had an unusually large number of trials and were going to have to call additional people. On Monday we arrived and even though the names for each court jury pool are pulled by random, we both ended up in the same pool for the same trial. Pam was juror #14 and I was # 18 so with it being a murder trial there was a high degree of probability that we might get called. During the selection process it was noticed that we had the same last name and address, so the judge called us up to discuss if we could sit on the same jury and not discuss the proceedings, then released us both. As a result we showed as having served, but only spent one day in the process.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

MyRVMail notifies us when we get a jury duty notification so there is no missed call for jury duty. I'm surprised Escapees doesn't have more modern mail service.

2013 DRV Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 w/ Hydra Lift motorcycle lift, MorRyde IS suspension, MorRyde hitch pin

2013 Ford F450 w/ Trailer Saver air hitch

2011 BMW R1200RT motorcycle

Someone will provide the correct information on this but I believe it depends on what level of mail service you sign up for with Escapees. In my case I use the cheapest and my jury notice is usually past due by the time I get it. I do call immediatly and inform them I just got it and that I am a traveling Escapee and have never had an issue.

MyRVMail notifies us when we get a jury duty notification so there is no missed call for jury duty. I'm surprised Escapees doesn't have more modern mail service.

Hi SPII

Why bother. Read the other experiences (as posted) of those of us with Livingston addresses.

Great support from both the Mail Service and local Polk County folks.

Dave O

I lived in X most of my life and only had 2 summons until I "moved" to Livingston. Since then (1997) I average 1 a year.

Gosh! It seems like my DW and I get 3 or 4 or 5 per year. I wish I were that lucky wit the Lottery! Oh, my DW just reminded me. You DO have to buy a ticket. Darn!

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

We have been Rainbow Dr. residents 12 years. I believe we both have had summons between 4 and times each. Being we don't get a mail drop too often, the reporting date is long gone. We always call and there is never a problem. Funny as we 50 Plus years residents of Penna., I was called twice and my wife never. Believe me calling in Penna, and being late or a no--show just doesn't fly!

Archived