Trilogy 5h wheel?

dblr

Looking at a 2015 brand new unit, I know they are not the same as the earlier years but just curios as to your opinions on how they are made. Yes I have researched but like to see what others look for in a unit, thanks for any info you can add.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Our 2014 has been relatively sturdy. We're approaching our 1 year anniversary of full-timing in it, and it seems to be holding up. We've had some warranty issues ( front A/C died in AZ, front sex lights don't weather well) as well as some things I've fixed on my own (the fresh water tank supports are poorly designed or implemented). We've also made some improvements, such as sliding pantry shelves.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Our 2014 has been relatively sturdy. We're approaching our 1 year anniversary of full-timing in it, and it seems to be holding up. We've had some warranty issues ( front A/C died in AZ, front sex lights don't weather well) as well as some things I've fixed on my own (the fresh water tank supports are poorly designed or implemented). We've also made some improvements, such as sliding pantry shelves.

Hi, just a question...

What are the "front sex lights"???

It this a RV 5th wheel we are talking about???

The Few

On the bottom edge of the front cap. Our 5'er has a row of blue LEDs, encased in a rubbery material. The rubber has a terminal Ultraviolet allergy, resulting in the LEDs looking like they're covered in scabs. I'm not sure of the designer intent of the lights, as they have no aiming lens, are mounted too high and are aimed too far forward to act as entry lights. Pure sex lights. I may end up replacing them with something like a LED off the bottom of a vehicle mirror, to act more as an entry light. Time will tell.

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication

Please e-mail us here.

I think they are RED like the RED light district.

blue is the new red

Ray & Deb - Shelbi the Aussie & Lexington the cat
2004 Volvo 630 500HP ISX "Bertha D" - 10 Speed-MaxBrake -ET hitch.SOLD
2009 Designer 35RLSA SOLD
Fulltiming since '07 - stopped 2016

After trying to deal (and not getting what I wanted) we have decided to postpone buying and keep what we have for now, thanks for all the help.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

Darryl contact dynamos and have then send you a new set for free. They have changed them due to potential for fire. When you pull them off use needlenose pliers to pull the crimp connections out the hole. Seal the hole with bleach sealant after you put the new one on.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Ya, I'm on the third or fourth set already. I need to sit and pontificate some on the fiberglass mods needed to put a light with some purpose in there. The factory lights don't do anything for me. I don't even use them as a guide to visitors looking for us at night. Maybe I should install a set of those under car, colour changing, pollution generators the kids all seem to need. I'm guessing Ronbo meant "black", insyead of "bleach".

Please e-mail us here.

Or Walmart.

Walmart-Funny-Pictures1.jpg

Need I say more...

must be applying for the plumbing department.

Ray & Deb - Shelbi the Aussie & Lexington the cat
2004 Volvo 630 500HP ISX "Bertha D" - 10 Speed-MaxBrake -ET hitch.SOLD
2009 Designer 35RLSA SOLD
Fulltiming since '07 - stopped 2016

We looked very closely at this brand when we bought our DRV last year. At time we felt they were well made. As we looked at the warranty as it was written, they specifically excluded coverage for full time use. There are many things you should consider when buying a coach of this nature. Also as previously indicated by others there was issues with the front led strip lights on the nose cap. If you do some searching on Google, I think you will find that the new led strip light almost caused a few Triology coaches to burn to the ground. That was a major issue/concern for us. I am glad we bought DRV over the Dynamax. I would highly recommend that if you are considering Trilogy to do your homework.

I informed them I was living in mine full time and didn't want to move out to take it to the shop. They proceeded to send me any parts I needed so I could install them myself including replacing my 1000 watt inverter with an 1800 watt.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

There is a great blog, that has a couple living in a trilogy full-time. I cant remember the name but it is a nice read. I think if you do enough searching on any brand you will eventually find negatives reviews or opinions on all of them. Do your homework and buy what is best for you.

Archived