What the most expensive daily rate you've seen?

4Girls&aMan

Was looking for a site in FL and found one that was listed as $999.00 a day or $6,552.90 for 6 nights.

I've usually complained if the nightly rate exceeded $20.

What's the highest nightly rate you've ever seen?

2007 2L Freightliner Century Condo, 14.0L Detroit, QD 6000
2013 Space Craft

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most that I have come across was also in FL but not even close to that amount. There was a park not far to the east of Naples when we were there about 5 years ago that had monthly rates ranging from $2400 to $3200/month and I don't remember what their nightly rate was. But it was also one that limited the customers to only the highest priced RV, and I believe that it was a motorhome only park. (not sure on that part)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We paid $99 for our one night at Boyd's in Key West. Otherwise we prefer $20 or less. We spent a lot of nights in Walmart parking lots and in the desert in Arizona to help offset that one very expensive night. But, we wanted to spend a day touring Key West and that was the best way for us to do it. The sunset at Mallory Square and other local sights were a once in a lifetime experience for us and I'm glad we did it.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I just wonder if it is the seasonal high rate. I would guess that some parks pretty much have to make their money during prime season and are nearly empty for months at a time. Also proximity to certain things like Nascar track or other specialty events might be a factor. It could be that the extreme rate includes certain things like passes or parties. Of course as Kirk said some of the draws for some are the exclusion of others.

$999.00? Has to be a mistake of some type. 999 sounds like a default number for the website.

Florida rates are high, but not high! Yet.

Link?

Kirk: You are right. It is called Pelican Lake Motor Coach resort. Nightly $100.00. Monthly $2,600. Motor coaches only, over 26 feet.

Or you can buy a lot there for around $200,000. Annual taxes are about $2,200. and a maintenance fee of only $4,100.00 per year!

Camping Rig:

2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins

2006 Outback 27 RSDS

Two rescue dogs: A Catahoula mix & a Chihuahua mix.

Fulltimer since 2006

Are you posters with the $20 and less rate not on full hookup but site only? We've been all over the country and with our Sam's discount or AAA rates have been $28-$32 for full hookup - and these are on the cheap end with small sites, usually minimal amenities on site and the location not convenient, but full hookup. Just wondering if you all have The Secret List from the Escapees Club? Thank you in advance.

Just to pass on some interesting information I have heard. I'm at boyds in KW and have it on good authority that there are100 people on a waiting list for December/ January 2016.

It's a great park, but damn.

JC

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Are you posters with the $20 and less rate not on full hookup but site only? We've been all over the country and with our Sam's discount or AAA rates have been $28-$32 for full hookup - and these are on the cheap end with small sites, usually minimal amenities on site and the location not convenient, but full hookup. Just wondering if you all have The Secret List from the Escapees Club? Thank you in advance.

There is a "secret" list available for Escapees members. It is called "Days End" . There are other websites which list free or low cost places to park an RV. Search for "free campgrounds".

Passport America will get you an under $20 rate at many places with full hookups. There are restrictions though. Many times no weekends or only one night, or off season only.

National Forest, some National Parks, many BLM, lots of small towns, have campgrounds for $20 or lower. Other than some of the small towns no elect at the under $20 rate. Many times there are dump stations available and fresh water to fill your tank.

Not that anyone would exaggerate the number of RV Parks that they stay at for $20 or less.

Personally we spend very few nights at private RV Parks, crammed into small sites with only the view of the RV next to you. Our RV, as most all RV's are, is self contained, so we have little need for water and sewer hookups. We have also worked to improve our house battery capacity and battery charging setup, along with an inverter to run the TV and computers so electricity is a luxury, not a necessity. This way we really don't need to stay at RV Parks.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

You are on the Escapees' forum and don't realize that if you joined SKP you could stay at an SKP RV park for around $20 a night? Here is a list of the SKP co-op parks: http://www.escapees.com/Parking/CoOp.aspx and here is a list of the SKP "owned" parks: http://www.escapees.com/Parking/RainbowParks.aspx

And here is where you can sign up for an Escapee membership ($29.95 now plus a $10 enrollment fee - per year): www.escapees.com

I hate to be an unabashed promoter of staying at SKP parks... oh, wait... no I don't. :P

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

If you have the geezer pass to the national parks you can stay at Corps of Engineer parks for half price. We've had some great views with amazingly cheap hookups. Since most of these parks are where the Corps built a dam, hydro-powered electricity is often included.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

You are on the Escapees' forum and don't realize that if you joined SKP you could stay at an SKP RV park for around $20 a night? Here is a list of the SKP co-op parks: http://www.escapees.com/Parking/CoOp.aspx and here is a list of the SKP "owned" parks: http://www.escapees.com/Parking/RainbowParks.aspx

And here is where you can sign up for an Escapee membership ($29.95 now plus a $10 enrollment fee - per year): www.escapees.com

I hate to be an unabashed promoter of staying at SKP parks... oh, wait... no I don't. :P

WDR

Forgive my ignorance but the co-op RV thing is new to me. Is this popular? What are the benefits?

Thanks!

It's all fine and dandy until someone's marshmallow catches fire!

2015 Ford F-250 6.2L (She ain't diesel but she hauls ass!)

2012 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

Http://www.5thwheelgypsy.blogspot.com

If you're a non-Escapee and want to try out a park, here's a great deal from the Benson, Arizona Escapee Co-op (Saguaro). Non-members can stay for a week with full hookup for $50.

http://skpsaguaro.org/ratesregulations.html

It's a beautifully maintained park in southern Arizona with large lots.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Our most expensive was Fort Wildness, Disneyworld. It was around $1,100 for eight nights.

Roger & Karen

Roger USN Captain (retired) submarine service

Karen Captain (retired) pilot

2014 Winnebago Tour 42GD

Toad Chevy Avalanche

Travel six months

At home in coastal Maine six months

Red Coconut FT Myers Beach,Fl 107.67 per day 2281.05 per month as we speak.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Archived