We are fixed and on the road again

Brad & Jacolyn

Hi Guys,

Thought I would just start a new thread since the old one is getting long. The 5er received a new axle assembly yesterday and we are out of Myrtle Beach ahead of the storm. We are now in Belhaven NC until Wed. and then on to Virginia Beach VA for a month. I ordered a new set of Never lube bearings for the other axle but they did not have the equipment to pull them. They did pull the hubs and inspected the bearings and everything checked out fine so we are on the road again. I'll fine a place that can change them up the road.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Brad,

I know you probably know this but be sure the folks changing the bearings have experience with them. The arbor to press them out is a different size than the one to press them in. If done wrong the inner ring just gets destroyed. Good luck and safe travels.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

The last couple of nev r lubes I had changed the shop cut them out with a torch, let the drums cool. Put the bearings in the freezer overnight, slightly warmed the drums in the morning and the cold bearings popped in easily with a press. Previously a fifty ton press struggled to get them out.

Nigel

2006 Volvo VNL 430, 2006 smart cabrio cdi, 2000 Triple E Topaz 30'

By the way Brad, are your new bearings made in China? Mine were, ordered direct from Dexter.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Suite I have not looked where they were manufactured but they came direct from Dexter.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

Hi Guys,

Thought I would just start a new thread since the old one is getting long. The 5er received a new axle assembly yesterday and we are out of Myrtle Beach ahead of the storm. We are now in Belhaven NC until Wed. and then on to Virginia Beach VA for a month. I ordered a new set of Never lube bearings for the other axle but they did not have the equipment to pull them. They did pull the hubs and inspected the bearings and everything checked out fine so we are on the road again. I'll fine a place that can change them up the road.

Brad

WOW!

I am not too far from you.. Be careful of the rain, supposed to rain all week stemming from the storm off shore.. What campsite are you located in, so I can start ask questions about the HDT RV parking and space??

The Few

We are in the Riverside Campground. What I've seen so far looks pretty nice. It's raining and I've stayed inside so far. Lots of sites. We are in a pull in site with no room to get the truck out if we needed. However, we got the Smart out and that is all we need. Chose this site to be sure to have our satellite.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

You better get my nephew Ian to a warm dry climate or we are gonna have to exchange some words :)

Glad you are up and running, Brad. Y'all be safe.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Not to worry Phil. Ian is warm and dry and wondering when he will get to see his uncle Phil again. Coming to Hutch this year?

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

Brad, Glad you are on the road again and safe. We are sitting @ the Campark in Williamsburg. 757-565-2101. It is a Passport America and easy to get into and out of. We have a 43 Open Range and have been here for over 2 weeks. Nothing but a pool here at the park but EW&S. A lot to do around Wburg. We did the tourist thing while we were here. And did a lot of nothing. We come up here a lot. We leave tomorrow to go back to Chesapeake. 55 miles!! Where do you plan on staying while in Va Beach? We will be @ the KOA at the beach 4&5 June. We like Holiday Travel Park but its pricy if you can get a super site but they do have other sites avb.. If you need anything I can probaly help. I have a shop at the house so anything you need we can probably take care of. It started raining yesterday and it just quit. I hope for the rest of the day. It just started raining again! Oh well. I'll try to PM U. Pat

The Old Sailor

Suite I just checked and the bearing say China on them.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

Archived