Somewhere in Iowa

lappir

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Link isn't working.

added another link. hope it works. I can pull the photo from the google photos to my document but get a message that I am not allowed to do that on the forum. Probably because of the size. Too bad they don't have a function to compress or shrink.

Thanks for the notification,

Rod

https://goo.gl/photos/HqHRfUWv7Kgt9dzq6

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

Judy & Bill LeMosy. Truck used to be Gail Quinn's

Thanks.

2007 Honda GL 1800

Yep, that's us. We're at Griff's RV Park in Altoona, Iowa through June. We retired from Des Moines and have family, including a one year old grandson, in the area. Good picture!

2001 Volvo 610 HDT with Smart Car bed and ET Junior hitch

2007 New Horizons Summit 38

2013 Smart for Two

2012 Easy Racer Tour Easy recumbent bicycle

"There is no path. Paths are made by walking." – Spanish poet Antonio Machado

For a few days at a time, we LOVE the Prairie Flower camping area on Saylorville. Nicely kept, huge sites with concrete pads. But for long-term we like Griff's. No 12 day per month limit. Full hookups. Good distance between sites for a commercial operation, plus they're nicely kept with concrete pads with plenty of room for our rig.

2013 Smart for Two

Hope the ticks are not bad where you are. We had to stop last weekend on the side of I35 near Clear Lake/ Mason City area to change a flat out on the trailer and we were there for about 15-20 minutes (we are getting pretty good at changing flats) and we had about 10 ticks on us in that short amount of time. I hope the State Trooper that stopped to make sure we were ok and waited to help us get back out in traffic checked herself out after wards.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

No abundance of ticks in the RV park. But on the Saylorville hiking trails they challenge one's love for the great outdoors. So far :) we have survived with our outdoorsy delusions intact.

2013 Smart for Two

I haven't found any ticks either. Growing up in Iowa, our dog on the farm was the one who got them all. I remember only once that my brother had one on his neck. Guess we were lucky. Dad had multiple removal techniques for the dog, she didn't mind most of them.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

On the subject of ticks, we found this tool http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=24898&cmpid=01cseYY to work quite well for removing them. Especially the little seed ticks.

Walkling as much as I do with Southern Cross. any spray with a high DEET rating is good.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived