HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

I was lucky enough to catch Budd and his bride as they were leaving. Had a brief chat with them. Then I got to meet the PEI Family as well.

We're now at Cummins Ferry RV in Kentucky with Paul&Paula, Spindrift, and another couple. Fall camping is the best.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I missed you. Mass y cross paths again next year :)

That was us. Did get to chat briefly with the Lady of your house as we were pulling out. We are from Evergreen SKP park in Chimacum, Wa and headed to St Augustine, FL after an early Thanksgiving visit with our kids in NC on the way down. Maybe cross paths again somewhere but not likely to be anywhere near Kansas in the winter months, for sure.

2006 Volvo 670 singled long

2011 Heartland Sundance 3300CK

2006 Smart passion

2001 F350 DRW CREWCAB

So after 426 miles on the road today, we pull into Tower Campground in Sioux Falls SD. And there's a Volvo 670 singled short with a big drom box on the back. It's the Fly'n Finn's with their beautiful Teton. Great conversation and it became dark and I was called for dinner. Great meeting you today, safe travels1

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

And we moved to a place just east of Kansas City on I70 today. Great Escape RV & camp Resort, smallish place near Higginsville MO that is open with water and has long sites. Roads in the park are big enough for us to navigate, I would guess that anyone up to the 75-80' length would fit carefully as well. Almost got thru KC without traffic.... then rush hour showed up at 3:45...

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Cloud 9 RV park today in Hot Springs AR. Nice drive down state roads 13 and 65 from Concordia MO. Truck road great and pulled the hills around Branson like a champ. We'll stay until Tuesday and then continue to Duscon LA for Thanksgiving!

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

So after 426 miles on the road today, we pull into Tower Campground in Sioux Falls SD. And there's a Volvo 670 singled short with a big drom box on the back. It's the Fly'n Finn's with their beautiful Teton. Great conversation and it became dark and I was called for dinner. Great meeting you today, safe travels1

How is tower CG for HDTs compared to Jellystone or KOA in Sioux Falls?

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

It's really good. Big pull thru's. No issues except for the u-turn to actually enter the campground. What we did was just make a left turn, take the next 2 left's behind the store on the corner and back out to the main road to turn right into the park. You can see it on Google maps.

We haven't been to Jelly or KOA there. They are always closed when we go!

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Sitting in Murfreesboro TN. Left SC this morning and one my way up to MN. For some reason I cannot get my snowbird seasons right. In July we went to Florida, now I am heading to MN at the end of November which some parts got over 24" of snow.

Luckily the area I am going to didnt get any and I will only be there till Thanksgiving and then I head back south.

Dave

Edited by Star Dreamer

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

In Madison WI, getting ready to start heading back south Saturday morning. I think I will head south through Illinois (I39 & I57), Kentucky (I24), Tennessee (I24 & I65), Alabama (I65) through Birmingham then head East on I-20 through Atlanta and into South Carolina. It will be a little longer but a change of pace from my typical route.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

We are in the Valley at Retama Village for the winter. Will leave here in April.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We are in the Valley at Retama Village for the winter. Will leave here in April.

Decided against North Ranch again, eh?

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Someone tried to steel our jeep while it was in a well lit area just in front of our 5thweel.

Yikes! Glad to hear the attempt was not successful, and we look forward to seeing you when you get here. Bummer that you took the super-long way to get to AZ this year...

Renee

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

We are at Williston Crossings RV Resort in FL for Dec. Very nice park. Truck, Smart & trailer all on site w/concrete.

Todd & Beth

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

In Buda, TX (aka South Austin), next to Cabela's through the end of February.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |