Florida Address and CCW

Does anyone know how using the Escapees Florida mail service address would impact getting a concealed carry permit? A Gypsy Journal subscriber told me he uses a different Florida mail forwarding service and he was denied because it was not considered a residential address.

Gypsy Journal RV Travel Newspaper

http://gypsyjournalrv.com/category/nicksblog/

Author of "Meandering Down The Highway, A Year On The Road With Fulltime RVers" and "Work Your Way Across The USA, You Can Travel & Earn A Living Too!"

Good question Nick. I've wondered the same thing since all the crackdown on mail forwarding addresses in the financial world. I DO know that the Escapees address for TX still works for a CCW in TX.At least it did a year or so ago. But I wonder if the FL or SD addresses are different somehow since they were established later.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhomeĀ 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I don't know, Jack. I've been told, but cannot confirm first hand, that some gun shops in SD will not sell to purchasers who use SD mail service addresses.

Gypsy Journal RV Travel Newspaper

http://gypsyjournalrv.com/category/nicksblog/

Author of "Meandering Down The Highway, A Year On The Road With Fulltime RVers" and "Work Your Way Across The USA, You Can Travel & Earn A Living Too!"

In SD the sheriffs don't have a problem with mail forwarding addresses, but they now make you show receipts for living in SD for 30 days to get or renew a CCW. It can be at a campground, motel or rental apartment, as long as you can show you were in the County for 30 days.

Cabella's Rapid City store does have a policy of not selling firearms to those using a PMB address, but most other gun shops don't care.

Jim

I had no problem with my Florida license when I used MyRVmail in Crestview. After my last move I notified Tallahassee of my new address. I was informed that I would not be getting a new license even though my license has an old address on it. I was told it did not matter because the new licenses do not list any address at all.

Ā 

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler.Ā 

Position report via amateur radio

Ā 

Good information to share. Question? Has anyone run into information on the Maryland Police scam on running your tags against the State lists of folks with a permit for weapons and may be transporting them in their car or RV and passing thru Maryland?

Ā 

Thanks!

Ā 

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Cannot vouch for FL but TX does issue CHL's with the SKP address. Also as for traveling it is your responsibility to know the laws in each state especially if you are carrying. As for any state that your CCW is not valid you are still allowed by federal law to peaceably journey thru that state as long as the weapons are unloaded and locked away and not in your cab if it does not have a trunk.

There are plenty of websites and apps that will tell you the laws of each state.

Just use common sense!

http://ramblingrvrat.blogspot.com/?m=1

GOD Bless America!

GOD Bless Texas!

GOD Bless All of our Troops!

"CHARACTER is doing the right thing when no one is looking"

'09 International Durastar 4400 LP Customized by 2L Custom Trucks

'20 DRV Mobile Suites 40KSSB4, '10 H-D FLHRC Road King Classic, '09 HondaĀ Rebel AmeriDeck M/C Loader in Truck Garage, Polaris RZR 570 EPS 10Ā - 320W Solar Panels, 4- Simpliphi 3.8 kWh 151A LithiumĀ batteries, Victron MultiplusĀ 3000W inverters, Victron 250/70Ā Charge Controllers, Progressive hardwired 50 AMP EMS, Class of 2012!

1221594356_ProfilePic.jpg.9b4d57a43f182efadbcaf4db7556bb2e.jpg

Ā 

As far as So Dakota firearms purchases using a PMB. Cabellas and Schields in Rapid City have been pressured by the ATFE to deny sales to anyone who has a PMB as their address. Other gun stores in the area will gladly take your money.

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021Ā HarleyĀ Street Glide SpecialĀ 

Fulltimer

It would not surprise me at all the MD State Police would do that.

I lived in Maryland for 20+ years and shot at a local range locally.

One evening the guy at the desk warned me on the way out to drive straight home as the State Police were staking out the parking lot and following people leaving from the range.

Their translation of the current MD gun laws as that you were allowed to carry an unloaded gun in a case so long as it was in the trunk and separated from the ammunition.

BUT they read into that that that was when driving directly to and from a shooting facility. So if you stopped at McDonalds drive thru on the way home they would bust you and seize any weapons you were carrying.

They also refused CCW's which were allowed by law - for anyone except politicians.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Archived