Class A drivers license

patronas01

I'm not sure if this the right place to post this.

I have a question.

For the last 10 years I reside in Europe and my California class A license expired at 2009, I'n planning to come back to the states get a Texas Class A drivers license and drive a CMV, but for the first year i was planning to live in the truck and save my money till i'll find a place to buy. After checking what the requirements are to get a Texas class A , i found out you need to be a Texas resident in order to get a Texas drivers license.

My question is; Does anyone in here have any knowledge of getting a Texas class A drivers license with out been a Texas resident?

I hate to spend money to rent a place since i will be on the road and wont be using it.

Thanks.

Welcome to the Escapee's forums! I hope you find all of the support you are looking for and we will do our best to supply that as well as to answer any questions you may have.

The easy answer to this is to join the Escapees RV Club and then use the mail service address which they have available to members. There are no states where you are allowed to maintain a driver's license or register & insure a vehicle without some kind of address in that state. In Texas you do not need to have an actual physical home but you must have an address which qualifies and this one does so.

You can download a free booklet from the Escapees which will explain to you exactly what you must do. You will need an address anyway in order to receive mail, have a bank account, pay taxes, and a host of other things. This will solve all of those problems.

How to Become a Real Texan

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived