other choices than Direct or Dish?

After dealing with direct on a problem the last few days and having dealt with

Dish in the past .

I keep wondering if there are any other satellite TV companies?

Ok let me clarify any other companies that are less expensive ( I hate paying for 30

channels of advertisements and I love Lucy) and better

service hopefully.

So far, knock on wood, I have had good experiences with Dish. I have never dealt with Direct so I have on opinion there. Anyway, the times I have had to call, mostly to re authorize our receivers, I tell them I have an RV account and some times they transfer me to another person and sometime the person I first talk to takes care of it.

However I agree about paying for channels you don't want, I just don't think there is an option out there. Same thing with cable, lots of channels in a package that I never watched.

I have DirecTV at home and Dish in the RV. I went with Dish in the RV because of the high definition (HD)

and to get HD with DirecTV the cost was a lot more. I was lucky because when I got Dish in 2011, it was only $199

for the Tailgater, receiver and cable. It came from a Dish retailer in Jacksonville, FL, two day FedEx, and I didn't have to pay the sales

tax which saved me about $17. At that time the cheapest that I could find was $350 for the Tailgater and $100 for the receiver. Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

How about Comcast and a really, really long wire? :)

anything other than Comcast :wacko:. I don't sighnup for bandwith caps i'll stick with TWC as my isp since they don't have any bandwith caps and I can use 2 terabytes of data every month without worring about them calling me :lol:

another option would be is to find a wifi connection and log into that if it's not password protected and strem Netflix hulu amazon prime. also if the OP has a SB house with an internet conn most isp's have there own wifi hotspots all over the place but you need an account to log into em

Right now after yrs of being with Dish I am getting a little tired of going without the local channels in my area. The local channels are in negotiations with our local channels and we see this a lot of the time. But it is usually taken care of in a couple weeks or so. It's been well over a month now on our CBS channel and now we just lost FOX for the same reason. Problem is that Dish gives it to us free and the local channels that has always been free air waves is charging and want more and more. That leaves the consumers in the dark on both sides.

So if it isn't taken care of it will be time to change my service area. That will take care of that.

Dave

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

digital over the air will get more than enough local channels. Free.

Not necessarily. There are many areas in the country which get no OTA channels. I'm in one such location now for the Summer and usually spend the Spring in another. In the Winter, I get one OTA channel and it is a local channel showing old syndicated shows like the Beverly Hillbillies.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

If you are looking only for the number of channels, then perhaps the OTA solution will work. If you are looking for meaningful content, that tends to be on cable and satellite, then OTA can be of little use. It all depends on what you want.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

FTA (Free To Air). There are quite a few sats that broadcast non encrypted channels. All that is needed is a single LNB dish and a FTA receiver.

Explaination of FTA

I've played with ut some but a friend in Tucson has a virtual garden of dishes in his backyard and loves to explore with it.

Listing of Sats / channels

A lot of rural folks use this as their only source for TV.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

Archived