SiriusXM Subscription Rate Change

I just renewed in April for $129.55 after my free trial ended. May cancel next March.

As when at my winter spot for 7 months I only drive a average of less then 9 times a month. And those are never over 50 miles and some less then 10.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

http://www.siriusxm.com/2015rates

I don't know if anyone else got an e-mail stating that sxm was increasing there rates again

That's for the people that don't call deal with them, I renewed ours for 8.50 a month for music only for a year. I keep on telling them that I get better information off my tablet than they can give me over the radio.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

I think we lucked out...we got a Lifetime many years ago for $500!

Same here (we got our lifetime subscription sometime in the early 2000's). I thought it was a lot of money back then, but we've more than paid for it over the years.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Are Lifetime Subscriptions tied to a specific device? Or is it an account and you can call and change from one device to another?

Are these transferable, where if you buy a piece of equipment that has it, it's now yours?

I've been surprised that our Country Coach came with Onstar and I think XM when new, now Sirus of course. We've been getting Sirus ever since we bought the coach. Assume it was a lifetime account that was packaged with Onstar when CC sold the coach(?). But not really sure. Possible the previous owner has a packaged deal for several radios, and ours has just been on this continued list?

We enjoy many of the stations. But when we have good Data Signal, we prefer MOG (Now gone, so sad!), Spotify (OK, but not near as robust or as good as MOG was before Beats and now by default Apple took over., and Pandora. We'll run these over the main receiver when going down the road with a good signal:)!.

Best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Wife uses Pandora. I have Siriusxm in the truck . I can pick what I want to hear. We pay around 125.00 per year. I like it and it is worth it to me.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Are Lifetime Subscriptions tied to a specific device? Or is it an account and you can call and change from one device to another?

We've transferred our lifetime subscription from vehicle to vehicle. However, the last time I made a transfer, I was told I could only do so 3 times. Obviously, I'd made more than 3 transfers since we first got the subscription, but they had a record of only the previous one, so I have one more transfer to make (this is assuming that the person to whom I spoke was correct...it was the first I'd ever heard of the 3 transfer rule). If we ever have to make another transfer, we'll do so to a portable radio that can be transferred from one vehicle to another.

However, I don't think they offer lifetime subscriptions anymore unless you can find one being sold at an RV show or something similar (we'd bought ours in Quartzsite during the Sports, Vacation, and RV Show).

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I have a similar situation as Smitty. Bought a used vehicle a couple months ago and still getting XM. Anyway to tell how long the subscription will last without jeopardizing the account?

And another thing, is anyone else tired of the morning guy on 60s on 6 jabbering rather than just playing music? If i want to listen to a dj why wouldn't I do it on free radio?

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

I guess were odd balls. I was a DJ for 25yrs. in Wash. D.C., and we never turn on a radio while traveling or sitting. Might turn on the car radio when daytripping, but it's rare.

Fulltiming since 2010

2000 Dutch Star

2009 Saturn Vue

Myrtle Beach, SC

I have Siriusxm in the truck . I can pick what I want to hear. We pay around 125.00 per year. I like it and it is worth it to me.

2X

Later,

J

PS SiriusXM get pretty spotty about half way through the Yukon and then mostly dies north of there.

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

I guess were odd balls. I was a DJ for 25yrs. in Wash. D.C., and we never turn on a radio while traveling or sitting. Might turn on the car radio when daytripping, but it's rare.

When we're driving I want to be able to hear the coach. Often problems manifest themselves first by a change in the sounds they produce. So I almost never drive with a radio on, either.

We used to subscribe to XM but when they started raising rates and playing games with subscriptions I let it lapse and have never been tempted to subscribe again. But when we full time (or even snow bird) that notion might change.

Right now, in our SnB, if I want to listen to music I can get Sirius over Dish; but mostly I listen to Pandora.

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

i'll let my sub run out in august and the day before i'll call em and see if they have any special promotions going on and if I can't haggle em then they can keep it!! I can't see paying 20 dollars a month to hear the same songs over and over again!!

When you negotiate with SiriusXM, keep in mind you're more valuable to them than just the amount you're paying for the service.

They've been highly leveraged ever since they started operation, and the way they get investors to roll over their debt is by quoting steadily increasing subscription numbers.

If they lose you as a subscriber, they have to attract another new subscriber to break even. That's why they start offering you better and better deals when you call to cancel.

I called yesterday and canceled out subscription. We just don't use it enough to justify the cost. I was offered a $90.00 per year quote (including taxes), which we declined.

When I think of how much we spend on Dish network, Verizon, and XM it's staggering.

We've canceled our newspaper and dropped our home phone as we review what we can cancel to save money.

We had Sirius for a couple of years. I started with a heavily discounted rate (like $20 for 5 months), and each time it would run out I'd call to "cancel" it. They would offer me an extension of the same rate and I would continue. Until two or three years ago when they told me that I was no longer eligible for any discounted rate, at which time I really did cancel. I figured that they would contact me at some point to entice me to return, but they haven't. For the first month or so we missed it occasionally, but I hadn't even thought about Sirius for the past couple of years.

Mark & Teri

2021 Grand Designs Imagine 2500RL, 2019 Ford F-350

Mark & Teri's Travels

that's what I do is cancel and then they send me to the retension dept to offer me a discount. and mostly they do!! sometimes they have givinin me free months. i'm sorry but it's just not worth the cost to hear the same crap over and over!! I have 2 64 gig sd cards loaded with albums and I can pretty much listen to what I want and not what they choose you play. once I tell tham that they give in and give me the discounted rates once I tell em that I don't need em because I have a lot of mp3 files :)

Archived