Camera system

bluflame11

Hi guys! I'm looking for some info on a camera system...it seems like the cab cam quad cam 7 inch fits nicely into the volvo dash. It seems like a lot of volvo owners do this....I called a local retailer with questions...he refereed me to the company because he did not know...e mailed the company who tools me I needed to ask my dealer....even though I told them my dealer sent me to them! If it was not that their product seemed to fit so well, I would be looking for another company...

I was wondering if you guys are using the wired or Wireless versions?

If you are using the wired version, can you add one wireless camera to the unit. I would like to have a wireless camera at the back of the fifth wheel if possible.

If you are using the wireless version, can it still be mounted flush in the dash with a remote antenna?

Mine purchased from Leviathan _holdings off eBay. It is wired. I have just one camera pointing at hitch. Don't have side or fiver cameras but this guy has that setup available. I think most people are recommending wired to avoid drop out.

HFPv8zhl.jpg

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I have a 10" 4 camera system that is wired. From the same seller as Carl.

http://stores.ebay.com/Automobile-Rear-View-Camera-Systems?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Scroll down for all his different systems. If you don't see a "Kit" you like contact him and he will build whatever you need.

My dash is different than yours, so I made my own mount for the 10" screen. If I could fit a screen in the dash I would but a 1998 model can only be modified so much.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I bought my wired system from aliexpress.com. 4 Sony HD CCD cameras A 4 channel 7" monitor with reverse picture. I had to order a few extra cables as it came with four 10m cables which were not enough. I think all together it was $218.00 and so far it is working great.

It sure bets what I paid for my voyager system, one replacement camera was over $300.00 so I replaced it a Sony I bought from the same web site for $9.00 it work just as well as the $300.00 dollar one.

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Mine purchased from Leviathan _holdings off eBay. It is wired. I have just one camera pointing at hitch. Don't have side or fiver cameras but this guy has that setup available. I think most people are recommending wired to avoid drop out.

HFPv8zhl.jpg

I have a 10" 4 camera system that is wired. From the same seller as Carl.

http://stores.ebay.com/Automobile-Rear-View-Camera-Systems?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Scroll down for all his different systems. If you don't see a "Kit" you like contact him and he will build whatever you need.

My dash is different than yours, so I made my own mount for the 10" screen. If I could fit a screen in the dash I would but a 1998 model can only be modified so much.

does your monitor show more than one camera at a time, or just one?

You can also add a "video switch" to one channel of your inputs, we have a complete homebrew system and have left, right and rear cameras plus switch the video between a front monitor for driving or a MH panel monitor by the side door for security.

Bought all the components on ebay and amazon. Video switch runs about $22, cameras about $20

does your monitor show more than one camera at a time, or just one?

I can look at 1, 2 or 4 cameras.

IMGP0006-M_zpsu8ngscaw.jpg

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Mine is two camera but I only have one. I bought 7 yrs ago so they are improved from then.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

What brand system is that? It looks good too! Nice install!

Thank you :)

I bought my system from Steve (Leviathan_Holdings) on ebay. He is great to work with.

I had a local custom stereo shop do the mount for the monitor. Uses the same factory screws and holes as the switch panel that was removed.

2014 smart Fortwo

Thank you :)

I bought my system from Steve (Leviathan_Holdings) on ebay. He is great to work with.

I had a local custom stereo shop do the mount for the monitor. Uses the same factory screws and holes as the switch panel that was removed.

Hi Phil,

I have a question for you. Did you run the wiring in the cab under the mat or did you run the wires under the cab ? Looking for the best place to run any wires.

Thanks for any input,

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Al,

Mine run under mat. Remind me at ECR will show you.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Talked with leviathan_holdings ....unfortunately for me he is retiring and liquidating his stuff....no more systems....any other good ideas?

Aliexpress.com

I have two extra CCD IR cameras that I did not use and you are welcome to them for the shipping cost. Pm me for a picture.

Richard

2016 Western Star 5700xe (Pathfinder) DD15 555hp

w/12 speed automatic 3:05 diffs

2005 Newmar Mountain Aire 38RLPK

2 Great Danes

Al,

Mine run under mat. Remind me at ECR will show you.

Me too. Came into the cab just behind the drivers seat and under the mat.

2014 smart Fortwo

I get my stuff from RVCams.com, but I run all Voyager equipment. The sell other stuff as well.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Hi Phil,

I have a question for you. Did you run the wiring in the cab under the mat or did you run the wires under the cab ? Looking for the best place to run any wires.

Thanks for any input,

Al

I ran my wires from the monitor mounted in-dash (like Phil's) behind the steering wheel and came out by the steering wheel adjustment pedal. I ran the wires out of the cab via an access through the firewall which Volvo provides and covers with a large rubber grommet. I slit the middle of the grommet in an "X" configuration and fed the wires out into the engine compartment. From there I ran them to the back of the truck securing to existing air lines/electrical wires.

2016 Volvo VNL780 D13 I-Shift

2016 DRV 44 Houston

2015 Smart Cabriolet

Talked with leviathan_holdings ....unfortunately for me he is retiring and liquidating his stuff....no more systems....any other good ideas?

that makes sense now. Was on his eBay site recently and not much selections I was interested in.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Archived