The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

Inquiring minds want to know where you've settled in southern AZ.  We spent the summer of 2019 in AZ and survived it. If you needed to get anything done it was early morning or after sunset. But we are glad to be back on the road headed north for the summer.

We are taking our time to get to Montana and seeing lots of fun things. Our goal is Canyon Ferry MT for Jim's walleye fishing. We are currently in Kingman, AZ and heading into Nevada tomorrow.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yuma, AZ. We will be leaving for Idaho and Montana on Tuesday. Then back here late Sept. to early October. Were in an RV park here for about 14 winters and then bought an RV lot in the Foothills.

Just now noticed this was the class group. Sorry, but you got it anyways.

Edited by bobsallyh

3 hours ago, bobsallyh said:

Just now noticed this was the class group. Sorry, but you got it anyways.

That's OK. The point of the classless class is that we welcome everyone.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, spindrift said:

Looking forward to being members of the Class of 2025.

Anyone who goes full-time in a specific year is a member of that class. But, if you want that class to become cohesive someone in it needs to plan a get together where you meet one another. Traditionally that first get together is in Quartzite in January of the following year. The first person to arrive post coordinates of their campsite so others can find them. Directional signs and a signature color flag on an antenna help. The desert is rock hard so any signs need to be free standing.

Linda Sand

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 2 weeks later...

It would be an honor to be inducted into the Class-less Class. We started full timing in early 2019. It was a frigid February in Ft Mead, MD when we started our journey with a Grand Design, Reflection travel trailer. It was the first time we ever RV'd and the learning curve was a bit steep. Two 30# propane tanks went empty in a few days. The condensate was dripping off the single pane windows like Niagara Falls. So we learned our first lesson. Seek the warmth of southern states like Florida during the winter season. Anyways, I digress. Looking forward to meeting other like minded people on the road.

Kevin & May

Class of 2019 and Class-less Class

On a Permanent Vacation

1 hour ago, RVWorldTravel said:

It would be an honor to be inducted into the Class-less Class. We started full timing in early 2019. It was a frigid February in Ft Mead, MD when we started our journey with a Grand Design, Reflection travel trailer. It was the first time we ever RV'd and the learning curve was a bit steep. Two 30# propane tanks went empty in a few days. The condensate was dripping off the single pane windows like Niagara Falls. So we learned our first lesson. Seek the warmth of southern states like Florida during the winter season. Anyways, I digress. Looking forward to meeting other like minded people on the road.

Welcome to the Classless Class. Most of graduated to full-time in 2008 or 2009 so many of us are now off the road although there are a few die hards still out there at least part time. But, some of us still come here to support newbies even if we no longer have regular meetups. So, welcome to whatever we can help you with.

Linda Sand

• 2 weeks later...

Linda i am glad to see you still on here helping new folks. After 10 years on the road Delcies health forced us to park for 3 years. After she passed last Feb. I havent felt like traveling by my self. I still live in my RV on lots that I own in Paducah Tx. I miss our 2008 2009 classmates and love every one.            Freddy Prather

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

2 hours ago, Freddy & Delcie said:

Linda i am glad to see you still on here helping new folks. After 10 years on the road Delcies health forced us to park for 3 years. After she passed last Feb. I havent felt like traveling by my self. I still live in my RV on lots that I own in Paducah Tx. I miss our 2008 2009 classmates and love every one.            Freddy Prather

I am sorry for your loss. Delcie was one special lady.

It's good to hear from you. We are no longer traveling either, having sold our last rigs and moved into an apartment back in Minnesota. I rarely hear from any classmates anymore although I do still read Sue and Paul's blog so I see photos of other class members from time to time. It appears that Mike & Julie, Steve and Carol, and Dave & Nancy are still full timing. Toni also passed so Doug is no longer traveling, either. I know nothing for sure about anyone else. I miss all the good times we had together--especially IYQ's sense of humor.

Linda Sand

2 minutes ago, sandsys said:

especially IYQ's sense of humor

Anyone who knew Lee had a hard time not being amused, We never got the chance to meet, beyond the keyboard, as he chased his last cowgirl the year we took flight. He is missed.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Mike and Julie now have two rigs, and don't tow anymore. Dave and Nancy are selling their MH, and Steve and Carol have a place in yuma and a small RV they take to Washington in the summers.

we now have two rigs, and decide which to use based on what we are going to be doing. Oh, and a house In Havasu, but we come and go often. Headed to Q and then down by Bisbe, Ajo and Patagonia for a month.

i had no idea Toni died! So sad for Doug, he is a nice guy.

Jim Dixon also died, and Sandie lives outside Phoenix now.

yep we are getting old 👵🏼

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I didnt know about Tony ether.  Glen and Diane Carson have bought lots here in Paducah tx; They traveled last

summer but Diane is tired and wants to quit. LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

I knew about Jim but Sandie is doing so well she makes it easy to forget. Not that she is not mourning but she does her best to present a cheerful outlook. I admire her.

Linda

• 1 year later...

So, I haven't posted here for a mighty long time but I did just post on the 2008-2009 class.  Glad to connect again and hope all are well.

We traded, swaped, bought and then traded, swaped and bought again.  We also just sold our lake cabin in Washington last summer.  This next winter we're going to try something new.  They do say once you slow down the rocking chair might get you.  Not sure I'm ready to do that as long as we don't have to.  

Take care all.  Miss the group and miss the gatherings

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I miss you all so much. Wish we were still out there traveling but Dave is done and I no longer drive. I keep planning van conversions, though, as if I could still do it. I think planning was always my favorite part with our class gatherings next. I still hate that my health interfered with some of the gatherings.

Linda

We do have an opportunity to meet up with folks every once in a while.  I still enjoy the planning and still love the travel.  I tell Terry that we need to do this as long as we can.  I do miss the people.  We've been kind of stagnant the last few years going back to the same places but hope to change that again.  We will see.  

Take care and I'll even try to post more often!!

Terry, Jeri & Buck

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I haven't  posted either but i still get notifications.😀 As you know, Jeri, Facebook is the way most of us communicate. It seems easier and more user friendly. We are still in touch with a lot  of the people we met back in the day and see them whenever we pass by each other. Many of them are no longer full timing, and some have given up RVing completely for various reasons, mostly age related.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I don't do Facebook, which is why I seldom know what's going on. I get most of my class news from Soos' blog. I also get Sandie's blog but she seldom has news of other classmates to share. I am so out of the loop. :)