campground websites

bruce t

Just a general question about which is/are the best web site/s that you can recommend for finding rv parks and camprounds.

I'm looking for something that will give park details as well as reviews.

(Yes I used a good one but I seem to have deleted it from my bookmarks. It's an age thing!)

thanks

This is the one we've used for many years. Not perfect, but it gives good listings and at least a good basic view of the campground quality you can expect. It's a bit weak on state and local parks.

http://www.goodsamcamping.com/plan/

Our new favorite is an app, not sure you are set up to us it, but it is great for locating campgrounds. I use the review site above to look at what others think. Allstays is the app name.

I find having a few resources makes things easier, depending on what I'm looking for. There was a thread a while back that gave an excellent list of resources for finding public lands and boondocking. Ah, found it. Check out post #21 in this thread.

http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=114518&page=2&hl=boondocking#entry767537

Google it!

Write the criteria you want results for...ie: RV motorhome campground Silver Springs Florida.

Then tweak (expand/condense) your criteria to get more specific.

Open the first 20 links (2 pages) and bookmark the ones that you like.

As importantly, we've found that Google Maps is invaluable for showing locations to roads and other undesirable landmarks.

I find there is no where to find most rv parks. I can search and area and nothing comes up. Drive there and be several. But my situation is some what different.

This has been my experience as well. Here are a few websites we use:

and as we travel the U.S. and state highways we still find campgrounds that seem not to be listed anywhere so I keep my own POI file for the GPS and mapping program.
The National Forest Campground Guide and the Ultimate Public Campground Project websites list both free and pay public campgrounds.
For boondocking we use:
Free Campsites, Free Campgrounds, Bob's Cheap or Free Campgrounds, Dean's List, Boondockers Welcome, and Harvest Hosts, In printed/ebook versions there is the Escapees Days End Directory and Don Wright's Guide to Free Campgrounds. In Florida some of the Wildlife Management Areas and Water Management Districts allow boondocking. Some Kansas State Fishing Lakes and Wildlife Management Areas allow boondocking. Boondocking is allowed on Arizona Trust Lands with a permit. For boondocking on National Forests this links to many of the Motor Vehicle Use Maps.

Archived