The Future of Work

I'm now sorry I weighed in on this non RVing topic. In the past Escapees have dinged everyone who participated in such a discussion and I don't want any warnings on my record. Maybe this thread should be closed.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess this is your opinion? Or is there data to support it?

""There are already a lot more people out there who cannot work; not that they cannot find work... they can't work. And I think a majority of them are male. To underscore this I passed a corner where a guy was panhandling and actually leaning against a "help wanted" sign on a busy corner. The sign was for McD and this guy wasn't likely to be able to get a job there from the looks of him, but the irony of that struck me.""

It would have been interesting to offer the guy a job. I have done that. Always have things that need done. I wont throw money in a bucket, but I will pay you fairly to do some work around the property. Far more people say no thanks than accept the offer of a days work.

Archived