Blue Sky Fulltimer Insurance

Repkad

Has anyone had any claim history with Blue Sky? After getting quotes for our 5er and HDT from the few companies that would insure fulltimers in NJ, I'm ready to go with Blue Sky. I had never heard of them before. Just wondering if people are satisfied with BS's claim process and settlements.

Dottie & Bob Repka

SKP #90581

Lifetime Members

2007 Teton Reliance XT-4

2006 Volvo 780, Ultrashift

2014 Smart Car on deck

I am a Blue Sky customer, but so far (knock on wood) I have not had a claim with them. I have a friend who is an insurance broker. I first went to him when I was looking to insure my HDT and fiver. He could not get the HDT insured through his company (Farmers). I had him look over the Blue Sky policy before I signed with them. He was impressed with how the policy was written and what it included. He also looked up Blue Sky and said they were well backed/highly rated in the insurance industry.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Although I've fortunately not had a claim on my policies since I started using them 4 years ago, I did deal with their claims staff a couple of years ago when someone hit me and I wasn't all that sure that the other party was going to accept responsibility for the accident. Blue Sky's adjuster was easy to work with and they were prepared to have paid the claim, if necessary, so my car could have been repaired. It was a small interaction, but it went the way I would have wanted it to go.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Yes I have had a claim with Blue Sky. My cat turned the water on in our kitchen sink while away. And yes the tank was closed so it filled up the tank and over the counter and on to floor and out the door. Made the claim with them and the claim agent said ok here's my name and contact number. Take it to whoever you want and give them my name and number and I will take care of the rest. And that is exactly what happened. Got it fixed and never heard from the claim agent again. Wish that was the case with the outfit that fixed it. That was I believe 3 yrs ago, and no noticeable raise in my coverage.

They treat you well.

Dave & Linda

2011 Bighorn 3670

2000 Ford 7.3 PS diesel white and tan in color Now Fulltiming since May15, 2010

Semper Fi Marines!!

Over the years of rv ownership, we have used a variety of companies, Blue Sky, Progressive, etc., to insure our rv's and found that one thing is prevalent with all of them; "significant rate increases" after several years. We make it a point to get quotes from different sources so avoid the so called sticker shock of rate increases. :blink:

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your responses. Decided to go with BlueSky this year, but as some suggested, I'll scout around for options each year.

Dottie & Bob Repka

SKP #90581

Lifetime Members

2007 Teton Reliance XT-4

2006 Volvo 780, Ultrashift

2014 Smart Car on deck

Have never had a claim on my 5er thru Blue Sky, but the road service they offer as an option is sterling. Tow my MDT to a repair facility after the air line froze up and the parking brake won't release? Sure, no questions asked. The tow truck driver spent at least an hour crawling under the truck to attach an auxillary air line to release the brake and disconnect the drive shaft. Had another tow when a tire got slashed. Towed to the tire place of my choice even though other places were closer, again no problem and no questions asked. I think the option is all of $75/yr. In my opinion, highly recommended company.

Archived