CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys!

We miss each of you and hope your travels are safe!

No Jay, not my right hook to Bob! But I did drive the MH from Casa Grande to Mesa. (I think he only had to change his undies once!)icon_smile.gif

Tony & Pamela..we are in Mesa at the Mesa Regal. They have a great deal here: Passport America one half off for one full week. It's even better at Sunlife (next door & owned by same company-we stayed there two weeks). Ends up at $19/night with full hookups, nice pool & hot tub etc. Nice people also. We love it there and it's nice here also.

(I think it's $20 night at Usery Mountain with just electric) Give us a call and we'll meet for dinner or such!

Thanks Paul, for the Apache Trail suggestion. We may do that tomorrow! icon_smile.gif

Hugs to all!

Molly & Boom Boom Betty

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Hi Everyone,

My enjoyment of the GJR was certainly enhanced by getting a chance to spend time with all of you again. I'm now back in Palm Desert, CA for the Holiday Rambler International Pre-rally to the FMCA International Rally in Pamona next week.

I did the Apache Trail when I was in Mesa before the GJR and was really impressed by the scenery.

After the FMCA rally, I will probably hit some SKP parks on my way to the Life on Wheels in Tuscon, before heading back to the Northeast for the summer.

Safe journeys and see you down the road.

Trisha

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

It is going to be hard to leave you guys. Thanks Josey, Macia, Norah, Howie, Rick and Terry for such a wonderful dinner. The ribs were great. My daughter saw the pictures and read the blog. What blew her away was some one asking for Fay's receipe.

Bob how is your headache ?

Hope our paths cross again....

Jay n Fay Carter and Lulu

01 Fleetwood Expedition,DP

07 Saturn Toad

Hi all, slight change in plans. We're not going to Benson this time around. icon_frown.gif

We decided we really want to try to get some warm weather, so we're currently in Casa Grande at the SKP Park until Sunday.

Then we're heading back to Yuma for a few weeks, before we head up to Congress.

We thoroughly enjoyed being able to spend more time with our Classmates and know we'll be seeing you on the road.

I think y'all have my email addy, so please stay in touch.

Be safe and enjoy!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Paul

Our blog A Breath of Fresh Road

Paul & Connie

98 Monaco Windsor 38' DP (For Sale)

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

WOW what a meal we had last night. Howie and Nora, Marcia and myself, Rick and Terry, Fay and Jay, Christina and Von, all gathered up on lot 322, (Howie and Nora's spot here in Benson) for some BBQ ribs, potato salad, beans, chips, and salad. And yes the MARGARATOR was going again.

It will be our last gathering with any of the class of 07 for a while, we are headed in the same direction as a few, but we are doing the back roads to TX. (hwy 80 to 9) We will stop off in Douglas, then try to make it to Columbus NM before getting into TX.

I want to thank all of you, I have enjoyed the time we have spent together the past couple months, it really has been gr8.

Hope our paths cross soon as we enjoy the free life style of full timing.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Joe's and Marsha's fantastic ribs and potato salad were quite a hit

The welcoming hugs sure do feel better than those goodbye hugs. Marsha & Joe; Fay & Jay; and Christina & Von travel safe and keep in touch.

We went to happy hour with Terry and Rick here at the Benson SKP and met Bob & Marti Schmall who started full-timing last Aug. so we welcomed them into the Class of 2007.

Bob

PM me with your phone number and I will give a call to set something up.

We drove through the Usry park yesterday. Didn't know you were there or we would have stopped by.

We are going to try and move over the the Lost Dutchman State Park on Apache Trail Friday.

Tony

Jones the Beagle

2001 Int'l 4700LP

2005 Travel Supreme 40RLTS

2006 Honda CRV

Hi all,

Those ribs sound great...sorry we missed it and the hugs! Y'all travel safe now!!

We're still in Mesa at the Mesa Regal, and we are grateful to be warming our bones in the sunshine & warmth!

Paul, thanks so much for the mention about the Apache Trail and the Organ Stop Pizza. We did the Trail yesterday and "Wow" is all we can say! It was really magnificent! (www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com

if you want to check it out) We really were taken aback by the beauty of the area! Thanks again for the great suggestion!

And tonight, after warming at the pool, we went to the Organ Stop Pizza, and that was another "Wow"! What a delight! The organ is amazing and the pizza was great too. There must have been 6-700 people there!

We probably would not have done either of these things if Paul had not tipped us off, so keep those suggestions coming! It's sure nice to get the "insider tips"!

Miss all of you and look forward to seeing you on down the road! Marcia, let us all know about the new grandbaby when it arrives!

We leave Mesa early Friday and are heading to Joshua Tree NP on the hunt for the desert in bloom. Then it's on to Laughlin to meet up with Bobbie and Jim for a few days of playing.

Hugs and thanks for great memories!

M&B

p.s. Bob has a major black and blue upper lip (from the close encounter with the slideout)...I tried to take a photo for the blog but "no go" said Bob. He looks like he's been in a cat fight....and the cat won! icon_smile.gif

Bob and Molly

SKP #73997

Hi. Gang, we made it to El Paso last night. We have a appt. with Camper World for some work on the rig today. We spent the night at the State Welcome Center across the road from there. If you are headed east on 1-10, exit 2, this is a great place to spend the night. FREE and they have 24 Hr. security.

07 Saturn Toad

Today was our first encounter with anyone from the class since we left Benson. We met up with jay and Fay for lunch at the flying J in Anthony TX. (Anthony has grown since I was at Ft Bliss 25 years ago, it has grown into TX now.)

The roast beef sandwiches were gr8, thanks Fay.

We found out there isn't much between ElPaso and Van Horn, and Valentine has nothing. we are hiding out in Marfa TX before heading down to Big Bend.

Chasing the 70's

Joe and Marcia, good to see you all again.. Did you find tires at Camper World ? You are right about being nothing in Van Horn. If there was a airport nearby Fay would probably be headed to Okla. Van Horn has two parks, no Passport and no parking any where in town for over 4 Hrs. We will be leaving early in the AM. Hope to see you in Hondos....

07 Saturn Toad

Joe and Marcia, You should catch up to the "70's" for sure in Big Bend... maybe even the "80's" down on the Rio Grande. Have fun. We are still is Southern Arizona, could be a little warmer but flowers are about to pop so we'll hang. take care, mark and bobbie

www.artfulrvadventures.com.

Exploring and photographing the west's most scenic places

WE HAVE FOUND THEM!!!!!!!!

The 70's and a little more to make up for the 30's we suffered through in AZ.

We are at a Passport America park in Presidio Tx. and the weather is GREAT!!!!!!! The park isn't bad either, $14 a night.

We have been too busy warming up in the sun to look around town, (maybe tomorrow).

When the lady parked us she also told us to listen for the firecrackers around 4 PM, when the firecrackers go off come over to the gazabo for happy hour, and bring your drink. (I guess the margorator will get some more action.

I guess we will do Big Bend this weekend, I heard there are a few CG's between Study Butte and Terlingua so we will move over there before doing Big Bend.

Now that we have left AZ it should start warming up, I'm sorry I caused it to be so cold there this winter, but that is the way it is. Where ever we are they break records.

Chasing the 70's

I am new at responding and lost the beginning of my reply. Von and I left Casa Grande (5 days) after meeting Paul & Connie there. Went onto Benson to meet up with Rick and Terry and check out that park. Wow it is huge and quite lovely. They welcomed us warmly and we met more 07 folks at the happy hour. Ended up enjoying the delicious barbeque at Norah and Howie's lot and were reunited with Fay and her husband too. We didnt't realize we had parked next to Joe and Marsha. Joe thanks for getting up early to say good-bye to us

Can't believe how friendly Escapees are. Every E park people greeted us. We left Benson and spent the night at Van Horn at a Passport RV park. We had a bad experience: the electic outlet "fried" the new surge protector Von had bought in Dec. Poor service.. never met the manager... left message and knocked on her door all morning and finally left at 9:30 am.

At Stockton we went south on 285 to Sanderson and then east on 90 toward Hondo. Wow, what a different landscape then other parts of Texas. Can't wait to get back and explore the south- western and gulf coast another time. Saw a wonderful recreation area outside of Del Rio- Amistead... a gorgeous lake and lots of water activities. Spent one night at Hondo and loved the park. It is warm there most of the year. We are now in Galveston for a few days visiting family...catching up on laundry and using indoor showers yeah!!!

Hugs,

Von and Christina Starkey "StarDreamers.us"

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Hi everyone,

Jay and I are still in Alpine. We went to Fort Scott yesterday but it was so windy it wasn't much fun. We are both sick now. Jay is feeling as bad as I am. Just can't seem to shake this thing. I was doing better than got out in the wind and am back in bed. We wanted to go to Big Bend maybe tomorrow but it is so windy here I think we'll just leave and go on to Hondos We will be stopping at Del Rio tomorrow and if we feel like it go to Mexico for more drugs. Are there any classmates in Del Rio or Hondos, we wouldn't want to miss seeing you. Our experience in Van Horn was not good either. I would suggest not stopping there if you don't have to. We were laughing about Molly and Bob in a nice resort at $19 a day and we were in a hell hole for $27. Somethings wrong with that picture!!!!!See you guys down the road and have fun!

Fay and Jay

07 Saturn Toad

Hi guys!

We left Mesa Thursday and headed West to Southern California. Stayed in a really neat park in Desert Center, CA. It really is in the center of the desert, as there is nothing around in either direction for 40 miles, and I do mean nothing! It's a pretty little oasis with a blue lake (Tamarisk) and a golf course and this lovely campground, but that is absolutely all that is there.

We're chasing the blooming desert and we did indeed find it. The purple Arizona Lupines are blooming fully and covering the desert area in Joshua Tree NP like a purple carpet. The gold poppies and primrose were abundant also. It was a beautimous site!

We continued on thru Joshua Tree over to Amboy Rd and went thru Sheeps Hole Pass. More purple carpets (Lupines) there on the slopes up Wonder Valley. Driving on over to Route 66 to the Amboy Crater, there were gorgeous carpets of pink Sand Verbena covering the desert floor amidst the lava rocks. It was truly amazing and one of the prettiest sites we've ever seen.

There were Lupines blooming on the sides of I10, but not as prolifically as in Joshua Tree.

If you want to see the bloom report , go to http://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/ca.html

Took lots of photos so there will be some on our blog site also www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com

We're in Twentynine Palms, CA for the next couple of days, or until we OD on bloomin' deserts!

Safe travels and hugs to everyone!

M&B

Bob and Molly

SKP #73997

Glad to hear you all had such a great time at GJR. Keith and I enjoyed, in spite of his health issues which worsened, our time at Imperial Dam. We had some nice evening fires with Sandy & Steve, Charlie & Nancy, Sandy & Mike. We are in Gila Bend at PA park Holt's Shell RV - $9.50/nite with full hook ups. It is nice, for the very first time this year, to have electricity, endless water for a long, hot shower, and no generator noise. We're moving slowly toward Las Cruces, NM, passing thru Benson this next week, so we'll stop and see who is still there, probably on Wednesday morning. Marcia & Joe, thanks for just one thread to follow, since our access to online time is often quite limited.

Carolyn

Joey (Australian cattle dog/Brittany)

'94 Southwind (no slides)

'05 Honda Civic Hybrid

Howie, Marica said you was fine until you gave the blood.

we are boondocking between the big Bend National and State Parks with a bunch of dual sport motorcycle riders. We will head through Big Bend NP tomorrow and should be in Hondo sometime next week.

Chasing the 70's

We just had a surprise visit from Steve & Sandi, on their way from Yuma and Sandi's driving class to Benson. I'll let her tell you all how many miles she drove today. Glad to see so many of your TECs learning to drive your rigs. You just never know when you might HAVE to.

Carolyn

Joey (Australian cattle dog/Brittany)

'94 Southwind (no slides)

'05 Honda Civic Hybrid

Hi Gang haven't been on line for a while Kathy & I arrived in Benson on the 19th SKP park was full so we pulled into cochise terrace (P.A).for a few days called over to SKP park they were still full so elected to stay here till the 29th We will try to get over to see Howie & Norah & Rick and Terry this up coming week then back to Casa grande for a week. looks like everyone is still haveing fun out there drive safe.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

Sounds like every one is having a good time.

Sandy..you go girl, I know that Mike is being a very good non back seatdriver...if not just lock him in the bathroom icon_razz.gif

Since it has been just over a year since we "moved in' I thought it may be time to re access the load and find what we could get rid of...Decided that the little chopper could go...I am so proud of myself icon_biggrin.gif

If any of your are traveling east and want to get off 10 then run over on 290 and checkout Fredricksburg and the Museum of the Pacific Battles of WWII and the Admiral Nimitz Museuam. It will take the afternoon but is well worth the stop. Then bring yourself up to Marble Falls and say hello. We would love to show you the wonderful sce from our "private ranch " location.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Left Yuma this morning after 2 days of driving class. I drove 108 miles today.From Yuma to Gila Bend A fairly easy stretch of hwy. But still gave me more practice with out heavy trafic. Steve is glad to have the releaf from doing all the driving. And didn't have to ductape his mouth at all.

The driving class was great & instructor Frank was very helpful & positive in teaching. Esp. backing around corners.

We stoped for a short visit with Keith & Carolyn in Gila Bend. Was great to see them even though it was a short stop.

Were now @ the SKP park in Benson space 141 If anyone is still here stop by. Were only here till monday morn. as then were heading to Red Bay, Alabama.

I highly recomend the RV driving School. They gave me the confidence to get behind the wheel & help with the driving.

Steve & Sandy

Papillon's Yoda & Ruby

2008 Phaeton 40QDH DP

http://allgire-travels.blogspot.com

Archived