NV after full-time

desertvince

Currently live in AZ, plan to do full-time next year (2017) for a year or two, then back to S&B probably Carson City or Reno, NV. Since NV is also w/o state income tax, any thoughts on establishing residence in NV as compared to using Escapees mail service and the Texas residence for the full-timer period? Cost of MH registration may be the biggest issue?

Vince & Patricia, Tucson--AZ, FMCA, RVMutants#130
With: Ch. "Carrie", Std. Schnauzer & "Sophie" Cocker
'06 Phaeton 40QDH + '11 Fiesta w/ AirForceOne.

"It is more important to know the journey is the destination than to get there quickly."

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the Escapee forums!

I don't know a lot about NV,or why things have changed but I do know that there used to a mail service in Henderson that was quite popular with full-time

RV folks for use as residence address. I believe that vehicle registration costs were part of the reason that they are not so popular as they once were, but am not positive that was the issue. Back 10 to 20 years ago I used to hear a lot about them.

As you explore this possibility, you may want to post here what you find to share it with others.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We looked at Las Vegas many years back, a bit expensive and emissions testing ruled it out. Not sure about Reno's test status or some of the smaller towns away from the metro areas but I'd check before you decide.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

• 4 weeks later...

We looked at Las Vegas many years back, a bit expensive and emissions testing ruled it out. Not sure about Reno's test status or some of the smaller towns away from the metro areas but I'd check before you decide.

Smog test is required in Reno the first time you reg most other counties do not

Tom & Michele

1983 Revcon King33

1989 Goldwing

Archived