class a rv w22 workhorse chassis 36 ft georgie boy 2006

rehub1

There may be an extra solenoid as Paul has mentioned that can be difficult to locate. On our F-53 chassis it was mounted on the frame holding the right side of the radiator, behind a rubber flap that was an air dam to prevent air from bypassing the radiator. The best way to locate it is to trace the power cable from the starter back until you locate it. It will have two heavy cables like a battery cable and a smaller wire that is the control lead that causes it to close when starting.

There are also some RVs that have an interlock from the leveling system or something else to prevent starting and you probably have to put the gear shift into neutral or park to start it.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I believe the extra solenoid that Kirk talks about ( actually a starter relay ) was discontinued in 2000 on the F53 chassis . I don't know about the Workhorse chassis .

You might check if there is a fuel pump shut off switch on your rig . The F53 has one and it's located on a bracket above the brake pedal . It could be tripped for a good reason ( fuel leak or other problem ) or erroneously . If you have one , check for leakage before you reset the switch .

Goes around , comes around .

Ouch, sorry to hear that I was hoping someone would have a magic button you could push and get running.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I MUST BE THE BIGGEST JERK ON THE PLANET I FOUND OUT WHY THE ENGINE WOULD NOT START THERE WAS OVER FIFTY PERCENT WATER IN THE FUEL TANK DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Why would you be the jerk ?

Did you fill up from a bad source and if so , who , what and where ?

Goes around , comes around .

good catch. Now you just need to figure out how so much water got into your tank.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Make sure your fresh water gravity fill and gas fill are clearly marked - and no martinis before filling the water tank...

I've always been a tinkerer and a fixer...

So what better way to stay active in my retirement than to buy an RV...

Archived