Elks' Initiation

Hi Jim & Linda, below is a Facebook post from Art Fennell, Elk BoF President.

"We have finalized the actual date and time of the expedited indoctrination and initiation with the Willcox, Arizona BPOE Lodge No. 2131. It will occur soon after the 2015 Tucson Escapade.

The date will be Monday, March 16, 2015 and the time will be 6:30 p.m.

We will have additional information on this, as well as Elk Application Forms, with our ROW Representative at the Tucson Escapade. If you know of individuals who wish to become members of the BPOE and who are attending the Escapade, this will be an opportune time for them to join.

As before, have them fill out an Elk membership application, include a copy of the Proposer’s and each Reference’s Elk card, and bring the application to the Elk BoF Row Representative at the Escapade along with a check for the $25 application fee made out to Willcox Elks Lodge No. 2131.

The current dues for the Willcox Lodge are $73.50 per year."

Fraternally,

Arthur L. Fennell, Elk BoF President

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Thanks so much for posting.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

• 2 weeks later...

"...have them fill out an Elk membership application, include a copy of the Proposer’s and each Reference’s Elk card, and bring the application to the Elk BoF Row Representative at the Escapade"

I am interested in joining Elks while we are at the Escapade. Do I need to get something before I arrive (these cards mentioned above)? Can I join without these?

Thanks! Kevin

Do we also pay the annual dues in addition to application fee at the time we submit our application ($98.50) or just the $25 app fee and they will bill us the $73.50 annual dues?

Full time since August 2010

2002 Itasca Horizon

One fur kid - a Shih-Tsu rescue

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

I am an Elk. Is there anything I can do to Help? Is there a BOF for Elks? Just thinking out loud. (drives my Dear Bride Nuts) I will be there on the 6th.

2005 Jayco Greyhawk 30 ft
2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

Blog: www.RVtravelsofPauline.blogspot.com

Is there a BOF for Elks?

Yes, there is:

http://www.escapees.com/Elks/

You may have to log into your Escapees Member Account in order for the above URL to work...I was not able to access the BOF groups information without logging in. (This information, IMO, should be available to non-members who are thinking about joining the Escapees...even if it's just a list of the BOFs with a brief description, but not any contact information.)

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

We will be at the Escapade. And we know people that will be there to sponsor us for Elks. Questions, is there anything we need to do before arriving? Some have mentioned having our 'home' Elks release us. We are full time Rv'er's. Also, any recommendations where to stay over after Escapades for the initiation? Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...

I went to my local Elks Lodge in Ventura, CA, today to apply for membership. The club secretary "proposed" me, and I have a friend in Morro Bay who agreed to be one of my "sponsors." The Lodge requires TWO sponsors, and I thought I had two (the Morro Bay Elk and his wife), but it turns out she is just an auxiliary Elk, not a full member. I need a second person to sponsor me. Is there an Elk here in Escapees who would be willing to sponsor me? I am happy to tell you about myself so that you will know I am a decent, law-abiding citizen, etc. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can give! :)

I went to my local Elks Lodge in Ventura, CA, today to apply for membership. The club secretary "proposed" me, and I have a friend in Morro Bay who agreed to be one of my "sponsors." The Lodge requires TWO sponsors, and I thought I had two (the Morro Bay Elk and his wife), but it turns out she is just an auxiliary Elk, not a full member. I need a second person to sponsor me. Is there an Elk here in Escapees who would be willing to sponsor me? I am happy to tell you about myself so that you will know I am a decent, law-abiding citizen, etc. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can give! :)

You shouldn't have any trouble getting someone in the Elks Lodge in Ventura,Ca to sponsor you.

us.navy.sere.patch.16.jpg

So how did all of this work out? How many were able to join? Thanks for sharing.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Someone in this group very kindly offered to be my second sponsor. I would have to ask him whether it is OK to publish his name before doing so. I forwarded his info to the Lodge Secretary, and now they have to read my app at the next meeting, then publish it in their newsletter or magazine, then vote on whether to invite me for an interview. If I am interviewed and pass muster, apparently the next step is initiation--a formal ceremony that includes I know not what! The secretary told me it will probably be at least six weeks (beginning of June) before the process will be complete. It seems a very worthwhile group, both for giving and receiving assistance, so I think it's worth going through this process. The annual dues are per person, but it's possible for one spouse to be a member and for the other to attend functions without officially being a member. However, I think my husband may also have to be interviewed and go through initiation...not sure. Anyway, in answer to your question, in our case, just ONE person is seeking membership, although there may be other people who have applied this month--but I would have no idea of how many.

Archived