Does it ever end?

jambro

So I bought my first HDT in November. Since then I have put on wheel balancers, new sound system, new fender mirrors, new side mirrors, new elite seats, new refrigerator shelves that were missing and about 4,000 in motor repairs to get it into top shape. Now I am having the truck painted Cherry red metallic to match the camper. I am spending too much money and my wife is ready to kill me but I must admit.... I'm having fun.

Will the urge to spend on dodads and accessories stop. .Next I need all those lights that go on the sides ;)

Does anyone have any cool pics of the mods you have done.

What in your opinion is the most valuable or must have accessory.

John & Mariann

2014 Mobile Suites 38 RSSB3

2004 Volvo 630 W/ smart car hauler bed

2015 Smart passion

Good to see you're getting into the spirit of the HDT 4 RV thing....

As far as most valuable accessory, in my case it was the neatly tucked away 3000 watt Honda generator, and the motorcycle loader.

February29thWauchula008_zps576f3612.jpg

image074_zps11da5165.jpg

The 1200 watt inverter integrated into the sleeper, as well as the sink with pressure water is handy too.

Rick

1998 VOLVO 610 VED-12 @ 425 HP with 13 speed, 22.5" rubber, TC Equipped, single 3.70 drive axle, 193'' WB. REESE, 30K 4 way rocker-hitch, Jordan Ultima 2020. Under-frame mounted Honda 3000 ei, Towing a DRV MobileSuites- 36TK3 with TrailAir Pin Box, a Yamaha Road Star 1700 on deck. http://diesel-gypsy.blogspot.com

It will end when you run out of money, time to make the mods or, life. And may you live a long and happy life on the "Dark Side."

Do you have any of the following: Tire monitor? GPS system? Camera system? On board generator? Black water tank? White water tank? TV? Fuel tank (for toys, like your bike)? Computer system for surfing while driving (passenger only, that is)? A rack to safely store extra propane tanks?

Maybe someone else will chime in to help spend your money. :rolleyes:

Oh, to keep the DW from killing you, think of adding things that she would love to have on board. :)

In our case after new tires, it was a new seat for the wife, then things came easier . I did not know that seats could cost that much !!

the sailor & his Lady

1998 Volvo 610 "Big Red"

2006 Newmar Kountry Aire "Mother Goose"

2013 Smart Car "Lil' Red"

" If you aren't living on the edge, you are just taking up space "

It will end when you run out of money, time to make the mods or, life. And may you live a long and happy life on the "Dark Side."

Do you have any of the following: Tire monitor? GPS system? Camera system? On board generator? Black water tank? White water tank? TV? Fuel tank (for toys, like your bike)? Computer system for surfing while driving (passenger only, that is)? A rack to safely store extra propane tanks?

Maybe someone else will chime in to help spend your money. :rolleyes:

Oh, to keep the DW from killing you, think of adding things that she would love to have on board. :)

I need tire monitors, they are a must have. I have the GPS and camera. The 5er has an onboard genny so I'm good there. No tanks but I have a porta potty for the wife. But my biggest thing is i'd like to carry my bike along with the smart car but the bed is too small for both. Maybe a swivel wheel trailer? I would like somewhere to store my ramps instead of having them on the bed, any ideas?

John & Mariann

2015 Smart passion

In our case after new tires, it was a new seat for the wife, then things came easier . I did not know that seats could cost that much !!

The new seats I just got made a world of difference. I found them at big rig chrome shop for 799.00. That was the best price I found on the internet.

John & Mariann

2015 Smart passion

Good to see you're getting into the spirit of the HDT 4 RV thing....

As far as most valuable accessory, in my case it was the neatly tucked away 3000 watt Honda generator, and the motorcycle loader.

February29thWauchula008_zps576f3612.jpg

image074_zps11da5165.jpg

The 1200 watt inverter integrated into the sleeper, as well as the sink with pressure water is handy too.

Rick

Room for my bike would be awesome, it wont fit with the smart car on but I was thinking of a swivel wheel trailer on the back of the 5er. It's not as much fun when your in a great place and don't have a motorcycle to ride.

John & Mariann

2015 Smart passion

I need tire monitors. I use a PressurePro (pricey) and I love it. It saved my bacon twice now. Maybe other.s will chime in on other systems.

No tanks. I do a lot of boon docking, which is why tanks are on my "TO DO LIST"

But my biggest thing is i'd like to carry my bike along with the smart car but the bed is too small for both. Maybe a swivel wheel trailer? I would like somewhere to store my ramps instead of having them on the bed, any ideas? Sounds like you could use a toy hauler.

I flip flop back and forth between a non-toy hauler 5er and a toy hauler (what I currently own). I keep leaning to the toy hauler because the garage (enclosed with access door from the living area and the outside) provides me with a separate room, a place to repair things that break, on the road, a place to keep the dogs kennels, a remote office so I can still work on the road (I set up two folding tables into and L-Shaped desk), and of course store my toys.

The non toy hauler 5'er offers ENORMOUS LIVING SPACE, which is SO wonderful!

I am considering storing my Yamaha Rhino on the bed of the HDT in what is known as a "rocket launcher" rack. Then, I could go with a much smaller garage, which would give more living space. I do NOT want to give up the garage.

Just my thoughts, for what they are worth.

Jim

Archived