Polishing Wheels in Under 5 Minutes?

bmzero

My rears need that pretty bad.

1993 Freightliner 3406C Cat, 400 HP, 9 speed, singled long, 3.91 ratio, 264" wheel base, 12' flat deck with dove tail

1997 F350 dually, 4wd conversion, intercooler, 3 inch intakes, WW2 compressor wheel, bellowed up-pipes,

2007 Ragen Toyhauler

4a8a58ec-58d7-48af-b0d7-9dd42cf5b43a_zps

Nice but a buffer is badly needed on those wheels.

Just polished my hole truck out this week.

Anybody in southern Ca there is a car Hotrod and big truck show.

At BATES NUT FARM in valley center just east of sandiego

On the 26th of April.

Lots of fun and great cars and trucks mine will be entered along with or early bronco. Come on out if your near by lots of food a pancake breakfast and

Venders for the ladies.

Yep, bring it, I will also pay but you got to do the inside and back of the rims too.

You think $100 would be enough for the 8 rims ? :)

Yamaha V-Star
2007 Kenworth T2000 tandem aircutter
ThermoKing TriPack
2003 Holiday Rambler 36' Presidential
short trips-88 Allegro on Astro

Go on and buy it and bring it to the ECR. I would gladly pay $100 for all 4 rims to be done!

Bronco-

they have different pads and compounds for different needs and different wheel conditions.

I was hoping someone else would volunteer to purchase it. I have enough irons in the fire.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Kenny Doonan has a wheel polisher in Wichita. It costs a lot more than $100 a rim but it isn't just polishing either.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Mark, I know Kenny has a VIS-check, does he have the VIS-polisher too?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

It is not a VIS device but he has a high quality polisher. To start, the wheels are removed so the entire rim is polished.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

I have emailed the company to see if they have any customers who own the machine close to Crossville. I'll post back with what they say.

Let me know what they tell you. I emailed them about a month ago. They replied trying to sell me one. I emailed them back asking again who in my area has one that I can call to get the service done. Again they tried to sell me one. Why would anyone buy one if they can't tell you who in your area has one to provide the service!

The individuals who populate the the truck stops with a 5 gallon bucket and some rags aren't going to be impressed. The real problem with these machines is 2 fold. The wheel really needs to come off, remove tire and most importantly wheel stem to get to all surfaces.

In a production situation a timed robotic movement would do ok. But in the real world, there is so much variation in the degraded surface you have to have a qualified human operating a machine designed for the purpose.

. People admire the shiny old Airstreams and ask why the factory doesn't build them that way. You don't want to be a slave to the polished surface. They spray on a sealer because they know folks spend their weekends polishing.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

Biggest problem in my eyes is it only polishes the "easy" part of the rim, show mè a "machine" or attachment that does in-between and all around the lug nuts and I would be impressed. On my coach once I figured out what I was doing it only took me about 10-15minutes with a power buffer and rouge bars to do what this machine does, and probably with about a tenth the cost I imagine. It was the "bolt circle" that takes all the hard work.

Find a truck stop that has polishing services (like Danny's Big Rig Resort in Phoenix, I'm have no affiliation just used them in the past) they will do an amazing job for relatively little cash. I had them do 6wheels, 2x150gal fuel tanks, 2x battery boxes, 2xair tanks, grille surround and it took less than 4hrs while I slept in the bunk of my Pete.

If I lived further south thats what I would do, as here in Canada polishing is ridiculously expensive.

They either want you to buy/install "Invisivalve" stems, which the machine polishes over, or turn your stock valve stems and bend them flat against the rim(don't bend them back as they will break), which causes the machine to leave an unpolished strip inline with the valve stem.

IMO this machine would be good for a fleet owner who wants his fleet to "shine" going down the road as few people will notice the unpolished parts, but for someone who's unit sits still alot (rv'ers and show trucks) only manual and power polishing is going to give the desired results.

Biggest problem in my eyes is it only polishes the "easy" part of the rim, show mè a "machine" or attachment that does in-between and all around the lug nuts and I would be impressed. On my coach once I figured out what I was doing it only took me about 10-15minutes with a power buffer and rouge bars to do what this machine does, and probably with about a tenth the cost I imagine. It was the "bolt circle" that takes all the hard work.

Find a truck stop that has polishing services (like Danny's Big Rig Resort in Phoenix, I'm have no affiliation just used them in the past) they will do an amazing job for relatively little cash. I had them do 6wheels, 2x150gal fuel tanks, 2x battery boxes, 2xair tanks, grille surround and it took less than 4hrs while I slept in the bunk of my Pete.

If I lived further south thats what I would do, as here in Canada polishing is ridiculously expensive.

The truck wash over by the Flying J does a really impressive job too. For $10/wheel, they made my wheels look like they had been chromed. I had them do some other trim pieces along with my steps.

2001 Kenworth T600, Cat 3406E, 525 hp, 18sp, 3.55 gear ratio
2012 41' Keystone Fuzion 399 Toyhauler
2005 Chevy 3500 DRW Crew Cab
2006 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab
2006 Dodge 3500 DRW Quad Cab
2010 Kawasaki Teryx
2012 Kawasaki Teryx 4

If you are talking about the truck wash (and chrome shop, service shop, tire shop, cb shop, etc) across from the Flying J on I10 at 67th ave that is the original Danny's Big Rig Resort (one of the many washes in their group). I paid more than $10/wheel but I was driving a truck that had seen 4months of winter driving back and forth from Central Alberta to Nogales once a week and my truck was pretty rough requiring sanding of the aluminum before polishing.

If you are talking about the truck wash (and chrome shop, service shop, tire shop, cb shop, etc) across from the Flying J on I10 at 67th ave that is the original Danny's Big Rig Resort (one of the many washes in their group). I paid more than $10/wheel but I was driving a truck that had seen 4months of winter driving back and forth from Cenral Alberta to Nogales once a week and my truck was pretty rough requiring sanding of the aluminum before polishing.

That's the one I was talking about. I didn't have to get mine sanded, so that's probably why you had to pay more. I never would've thought that my wheels would have come out the way they did. If I can find some pics, I'll post them on here.

2001 Kenworth T600, Cat 3406E, 525 hp, 18sp, 3.55 gear ratio
2012 41' Keystone Fuzion 399 Toyhauler
2005 Chevy 3500 DRW Crew Cab
2006 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab
2006 Dodge 3500 DRW Quad Cab
2010 Kawasaki Teryx
2012 Kawasaki Teryx 4

• 1 month later...

I have the fellas that polish the semi fuel tankers here in Phoenix do my truck. They are mobile, and will come to you within a reasonable distance. (they would come to Quartzite if they had enough trucks to make it worth a 130 mile drive)!

I had them do my wheels, tanks, tool boxes, Smart car bed, and the full fenders, plus buff out my truck...... in one day Each guy has over 15 years experience polishing, and the don't charge as much as the truck stops. Any interest let me know.

Bigtrailer

Do you remember what it cost to have all your items polished at the (big rig resort)???

The Few

I have the fellas that polish the semi fuel tankers here in Phoenix do my truck. They are mobile, and will come to you within a reasonable distance. (they would come to Quartzite if they had enough trucks to make it worth a 130 mile drive)!I had them do my wheels, tanks, tool boxes, Smart car bed, and the full fenders, plus buff out my truck...... in one day Each guy has over 15 years experience polishing, and the don't charge as much as the truck stops. Any interest let me know.Bigtrailer

What was the cost??

The Few

Tanks were $35 each

Steps were $25 each

Wheels were polished already, $10 each

Smart car bed, including floor, $400.... it was never polished and rough

Fenders were new, just factory satin finish, $125 both

Tool boxes were new, satin finish, $25 each

Truck was machine buffed and waxed for $150

These guys don't leave swirl marks, and they hand polish if the buffer won't go in.

Bigtrailer

Archived