Interesting Dash Cam

Big5er

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rod,

I think if you look around you can find a converter like this.

Thanks Rick I might check into that sometime this week.

Rod

Getting ready to go to Sun Fest and see Boston for the second time this year.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• 5 months later...

Well, I mounted the Garmin about a week ago and I installed a 12v, switched, plug in the overhead CB cabinet today. Everything up there has constant power so I just ran a single wire up there. Now the Garmin will turn itself on and off. I had other things I "planned" to get done today but got called out for a little spill. Tanker driver didn't want to wait in traffic to get around a little wreck, so he tried to turn onto a little residential road. He didn't make it and rolled his tanker over onto the side. Of course the roll over causes a little leak, so they called the world (and me) out. I couldn't understand the issue, he was only hauling 6700 gallons of toluene. Of course they drilled holes in his tanker and pumped the stuff into another tanker and all was right in the world again. Too bad I didn't take the Garmin with me.

635645435858606161-overturned-tanker-cha

I'm thinking that the trucks frame is a little twisted but there are a few folks here that might think they can un-twist it :lol:

Man that guy can't drive for sure. Have made turns like that with a Condo and 53ft Trailer many times.. Also betting that truck was back on the road in a week. One of the dumb drivers that drove my old triple axle dump truck. Laid the bed over on it, a week later the frame was back to normal and back on the road. It was a single frame truck so it was easy to twist the frame. But sad to see a 16ft Rogers bed laying on its side while the steer tires were still on the ground.

Pete

event.png

I have been researching dash cams but my cell phone has a most excellent 1080p Zeiss lensed 8 Mp camera. I'd like to see someone come up with an App that uses my phone which is on the front of my roof at the edge of the windshield anyway. It can record to my 64GB SD card which I just reduced to 40 GB of music to be able to save all my photos on the SD card. Anyway, it could do ten minute loops and offer to save at the end of each. Phones like the Lumia are remarkably diverse in what they can do. You could combine Cortana and wife 1.0 if that makes ya feel at home!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I like Caroo so far. Its not wife 1.0, but I'm working on installing the upgrade anyway. lol.

The big deal seems to be getting a fast enough interface from a hi-res camera back to a phone/android head unit. I don't really want my phone perched up on the dash, but a GoPro Hero 3+ or better would be fine. But how to get that stream back to an Android base unit?

Geo

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

https://www.facebook.com/rod.lappin/videos/10206890615559469/

The above link should take you to my facebook page with the video shot with the Garmin at the Tallahassee RV park.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Archived