Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge Christmas Trip (Wildfires)

txdslshop

I just sent a nice donation to the dollywood foundation, and would encourage anyone else who is so inclined and can afford it, please also make a donation. Dolly has long been a supporter of that area with an open heart and open purse strings for as long as I can remember and you can guarantee that every dollar that goes to her foundation will be spent wisely and locally.

Well said. We have also made a donation to the foundation and the RedCross. There is a telethon running on the local channel trying to raise $100,000 for the RedCross. They are now at $289,000 with call-ins from all over the nation. Despite all the political rhetoric we do unite as Americans around our people in crisis and it's not based on wealth, color of our skin, religion or otherwise, just based on need. There was a heated debate on another Escappees forum about patriotism. Well folks, here it is in action and I'm seeing it from the front row. As Dolly would say, I'm off my soapbox now.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little bump......... You can still make a donation that might help some folks have a Christmas in the aftermath of the fire. I just went to Dollywood Foundation.org and it was quick and painless.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Over $9mil so far. Country music stars big time. Kenny Chesney $125,000 so far with pledge for another $250,000, Taylor Swift $100,000, Dierks Bently $100,000, Kid Rock $50,000 and the list goes on. Don't see a lot of the Hollywood types on there though, hope they will join in.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Carl, while I'm no fan of country music, it seems the "country folks" have bigger hearts than the city folk, in general.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Carl, while I'm no fan of country music, it seems the "country folks" have bigger hearts than the city folk, in general.

Maybe it's just folks taking care of their own ?

But , yeah . I much prefer country / small town folks . Don't really care about music .

Goes around , comes around .

Archived