Classes of 2008 and 2009

Thanks all, maybe we can get back on the road soon but I may need a little help from everyone! Seems Dear Hubby has become accustom to "WORK" again and may need a little nudge from" yu'uns" to get him back on the road. My timeline for ending work was Dec. 31, 2012,(that makes 1yr. of work) now that date seems to be waivering a tad bit to extend this contract. "" Under the terrms setforth there was to be NO negociating this date as of the release from the home anchor clause. Release from this contract was to be free from all house responsibilities to include no repair work, no utility bills, no lawn maintance and no honey do's." Ok, so you all get my drift. All work and no play makes Jerry a dull boy :angry:......sic him JERI!!!:D:rolleyes:

All help would be greatly appreciated. The tires on the bus are starting to dry rot!!!:blink:

Thanks,

Janice

I know. I know. I've gotten varying stories from Jerry. I think you're going to have to pull a Sandsys and get your own little rig. First he told us he was through as of 12/31. Then, he said he was taking January and February off. Next he said he was taking a little time off in January. You're in trouble girl!!! I think he plans on going back on what he told you. We offered to meet him in Florida. Do you think that was it? He was afraid he'd get used to not working again. Just think sun, beach, warm water, beach, sand, beach, sun, swaying palm trees, beach ...... get the drift? ;):blink:

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest coldsmoke

Thanks all, maybe we can get back on the road soon but I may need a little help from everyone! Seems Dear Hubby has become accustom to "WORK" again and may need a little nudge from" yu'uns" to get him back on the road. My timeline for ending work was Dec. 31, 2012,(that makes 1yr. of work) now that date seems to be waivering a tad bit to extend this contract. "" Under the terrms setforth there was to be NO negociating this date as of the release from the home anchor clause. Release from this contract was to be free from all house responsibilities to include no repair work, no utility bills, no lawn maintance and no honey do's." Ok, so you all get my drift. All work and no play makes Jerry a dull boy :angry:......sic him JERI!!!:D:rolleyes:

All help would be greatly appreciated. The tires on the bus are starting to dry rot!!!:blink:

Thanks,

Janice

Jerry my friend ,,,,and term is used loosely... you are to old to work.... you are so old moses used you to catch the fish drylocked as he parted the sea. it is time !!!! the house is a memory, and if you keep working janice may be to !!!!

get it dude !!!!!

mike

Reminding him I am buying my own rig to leave Dave at home might help get him moving. Didn't work for me, though. :)

And Dave isn't working. He just got tired of traveling. Traveling has it's own kind of work to it.

Linda Sand

Edited by sandsys

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Jerry, I'm ashamed of you promoting that 4 letter word stuff. You are making it rough for all of us naturally lazy men who dodge that kind of stuff at all cost. Just think of the example you are leaving for the young boys. Making them think they have to do that awful stuff all their lives when they could be fishing or just loafing or shooting the bull with the rest of us. And because you insist on working not enjoying life, you'll have to pick up the check at every dinner you have with your retired friends. We will be able to out fumble you every time because we have had time to practice. Come on Guy, Hit the road and join us drifters.

I stayed at the park all day today. It was nice and cool. I took a long walk this morning, then came back and checked my batteries and did a few little jobs between sitting spells. When the shade got on the door side of the rig I got some carving stuff out and carved until it was too dark to see. I really enjoyed the day. Tomorrow I might just get busy and wash my windows. They are getting a little cloudy and spotted. Nah, that's too much like that stuff Jerry insist on doing.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

For excitement today I went to Wally World and read labels for about 3 hours. I'm trying to find foods low in salt that I don't have to cook for hours at a time to get them to an edable stage. I found a few things but what I really hoped to find was some very low sodium non-fat cheese. I know they make it because I've bough it before and it's real good expecially if you get the sharp or very sharp variety. And it's a natural cheese not a processed cheese. Mayby I'll get some skim milk and drive down a washboard road until it turns to cheese. Or would I end up with butter instead. It was comfortable today so I sat outside and carved for a couple of hours. Isn't retired life grand. All we have to do is sit around and worry about all our ailments.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I guess it was a given that we would have a thunderstorm tonight and boy howdy, did we ever. Very little rain, very little lightning but lots of booms. The strangest thing was that there were huge whitecaps on the lake (practically surf!) and no wind at all at the rig (about 600 feet away). The water went from blue to black and then to indigo. The air was yellow.

Of course Parker hates thunder but as long as Doug was here he was okay.

Then Doug got called away. A woman camper could not back her very small travel trailer into her site. She gave him a bottle of wine. Monday Doug helped a couple get their awning working and they bought him a case of apple cider. The week before Doug helped a man whose awning had completely ripped off their brand new rig in the wind. They bought us a dozen doughnuts. Not bad, eh?

{{{Hugs}}}

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Hey, Toni, sounds like we all need to come over for Hors d'oeuvres. :lol:

Put the little boat in the lake this morning and Carol & I took a long trip down the lake. This is the first time that I've had a boat in this lake in 50 years. There are many more homes up here now and the traffic on the lake is busier, but it's still a pretty place! We could hear the loons calling last night, and spotted a couple of eagles. Now to go meet the "old people" from the reunion this afternoon. :rolleyes: Steve

ps; warm here today, about 90, however it was 52 last night so that part was great!!

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We could hear the loons calling last night, and spotted a couple of eagles. Steve

Hey Steve, I wasn't calling anyone. LOL Maybe that was Jeri.

I took a drive today up in Spring Canyon. Kinda pretty in a dry sort of way. Then I went to the store and read more lables trying to locate salt free or very low salt food Items. When I got tired of that I came home and played with Rubik's cube for a while. It's been a while since I played with it and it took a little head scratching to solve it today. But I finally got it. I'll have to practice. Rubik's cube is my way of telling if I've finally come down with old timers disease. This evening the gang here went to dinner where a favorite singer was singing. It was enjoyable but too loud to allow for conversations.

I think you're trying to pick a fight. That's what I think! :blink::lol:

Who Me?

Just another Saturday. Nice today, I had a nice long walk this morning then played with Rubik's Cube for a while. I went into town to check out a couple of Health food stores, other had told me about, and found that one has moved out in the country somewhere and the other has gone out of business. So much for the heath food. On my way home I stopped at the grocery and stocked up on fresh fruit. That's the real health food anyway. I'm still looking for a source for Low salt bread and Cheese. I'm thinking about going over to Las Cruses and get a Spanish language course and learn a little spanish. I've been living in the southwest most of my life and never bothered about learning to speak spanish. I know a bit of Italian and that is very close to spanish but the Mexicans look at me kinda funny when I answer them in Italian. Maybe I had a little Japanese mixed in with it. I spent a couple of hours this eveing carving until my eyes got tired.

Well,,,, it's (somewhat?) official -- we have "flunked" full-timing (but, not exactly!)...

After two years of full-time in the RV, and still not reducing the volume of "stuff" in storage, we (me!) got frustrated and resolved to get outta the rental-storage. If we can't get rid of it, at least let's build equity in a "closet" that we own!

Having spent the last nine years visiting Mesa (AZ) during MLB spring training in Mar (plus challenge-level square dancing), we bought a place to store our stuff; so, now, we can visit our stuff (ie, start winnowing it down to more manageable volume) every winter-spring without paying "rent" -- rather, pay a small mortgage on a place with space for our RV (it's nearly a third of an acre, centrally located to our activities and accumulation of winter friends)... in a 55+ community.

We just got our stuff moved into the place during the holiday week (so didn't get bit by the database bugs), are now on our way east (KS, OH, NH, NYC, SC, etc.) for the duration; plan to be back to AZ sometime in Nov, holidays & early Jan in CA, then back to AZ for Feb-thru-Apr.

Wishing safe travels to all!

Cheers (from Winnemucca),

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

take 2 on Posting:

Looks like we might have a convoy in FL next winter. Paul and I have Orlando booked for 2 weeks at Christmas, and state parks in the keys booked for January (so far).Hope to meander up the coast when the weather warms up.

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Don,

So did you buy a place with a small house or will you still be living in your RV when parked on your acreage in Mesa? Either way sounds like the right choice for you--and maybe some of the rest of us. :)

Linda Sand

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Well,,,, it's (somewhat?) official -- we have "flunked" full-timing (but, not exactly!)...

After two years of full-time in the RV, and still not reducing the volume of "stuff" in storage, we (me!) got frustrated and resolved to get outta the rental-storage. If we can't get rid of it, at least let's build equity in a "closet" that we own!

Having spent the last nine years visiting Mesa (AZ) during MLB spring training in Mar (plus challenge-level square dancing), we bought a place to store our stuff; so, now, we can visit our stuff (ie, start winnowing it down to more manageable volume) every winter-spring without paying "rent" -- rather, pay a small mortgage on a place with space for our RV (it's nearly a third of an acre, centrally located to our activities and accumulation of winter friends)... in a 55+ community.

We just got our stuff moved into the place during the holiday week (so didn't get bit by the database bugs), are now on our way east (KS, OH, NH, NYC, SC, etc.) for the duration; plan to be back to AZ sometime in Nov, holidays & early Jan in CA, then back to AZ for Feb-thru-Apr.

Wishing safe travels to all!

Cheers (from Winnemucca),

-Don

Ok, Don, now all you have to do is put in about 10 50a hook-ups, and all of us will be down to check on your well being. :lol:

We might cross paths on the east coast this fall. We are going to NYC at some point too. Steve

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I've been dreaming of getting back on the road - 52 days.!

But here's my issue. Some traveling friends haven't updated the Class of 2008 map in ages. No names of course but I look at it in envy and wish I could move my peg. We are going for a little visit to Vancouver for 2 days and you betcha, I will move my peg.

:P:P:P

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I didn't do much except talk to my neighbors today. I found my old i-PAQ pocket computer today. I pluged it in and the date read Mar 2001. I guess that is when the battery ran down and dumped all the memory. There was no other personal data on the computer. The operating system and original programs were still there. I played solitaire on it most of the day. I'm sure surprised that it still works. However the battery won't take a charge and it is not replaceable. But it works just fine plugged in. I use to use it all the time and kept all my appointment on it and checked my email when I was away from my desktop computer. Boy has technology changed.

I had signed up for a brunch today at 11:00 AM. I got playing with that computer and completely forgot about going to the brunch. It dawned on me about 1 PM when I started getting hungry. Old age is a wonder.

I had signed up for a brunch today at 11:00 AM. I got playing with that computer and completely forgot about going to the brunch. It dawned on me about 1 PM when I started getting hungry. Old age is a wonder.

It's not the age; it's the computer. I am NOT getting old. OK, maybe I am but it's still the computer!

Linda Sand

The place we bought is 1400 sq. ft. double-wide manufactured home in Mesa East Park, west of Sossaman, between Broadway & Main. It is a self-managed HOA ($300/yr), you own the dirt and the house -- website has links to units for sale or rent online at mesaeastpark.org.

We *can* install hookups for the RV(s), but cannot "live" in the RV. IF you want a place that allows you to "live" in the RV, the only town I know that has such developments is Yuma --- which lacks the amenities we wanted to have (ref. my earlier post). In Yuma, there are several development-areas that have room for THREE units, 2 RV's plus a house, hookups for all and folks *are* allowed to "live" in the RV while parked on the property -- not so at Mesa East. (If interested, PM or call me for realtor contacts.)

OTOH, there are a few other places in Mesa that one might consider (Dreamland Villa has stix-nd-brix homes) which are less restrictive --- OR, go further out to AJ and beyond for rural property,,, more primitive, less intrusive zoning laws.

Steve --- We plan to be there (on Long Island, Lido Beach), soon after Labor Day; there's no point in stressing over getting in before that holiday! Would like to spend at least two, maybe even three, weeks visiting our eldest son (he's in Manhattan, in Wash. Heights) and touring and "playing"... seeing B'way plays!

Cheers (from Rock Springs, WY, rodeo-week),

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Well the 50th reunion was a great time. Some of the classmates I haven't seen in 50 years. We had a pretty good showing and a nice cocktail hour at one of the girls homes. She had a beautiful Victorian home, decorated to the hilt, and the day was great overall. Then we had a dinner and dance at a new supper club in the next town. That was Friday night. Then we had a BBQ at the lake on Sunday and started out on a boat ride, but the rain drove us back to the food and drinks. :rolleyes: All and all it was a fun time and good to see everyone again.

We are parked in the front yard of one of our classmates, and have a view of the lake from our front windows. I just came in from a sundown boat ride, and it was a great sunset. Seems funny to be "living" at my old lake, and able to just jump in the boat and cruise around.

Installed a new macerator on the sewer system today. Purchased it a couple of months ago, but haven't been anywhere long enough to get it installed. I've been in a good place for a week, so I took advantage of it and got this done. I think it will be a good system, sani-con, but time will tell. Now I'm waiting on a slide motor, and a reflector for my dish, which I modified on a tree. Hmmmmm Nice evening here about 71 degrees and tomorrow a cold front is coming through and the temp tomorrow night is supposed to be in the 40's. Should be nice for a change. Hope everyone is having fun!! Steve

Edited by Steved44

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

I drove over to Las Cruses today to the Barnes and Noble store and bought a Spanish Language course. I did it just to have something to keep me occupied. I've been playing with it all day. Maybe I know how to say Hola now. (Hello) I know one thing, My mind is so tired now I know I'll sleep tonight.

We're in Tillamook, Or. at the fairgrounds with Escapee Chapter 34. Yesterday started out rainy like Sunday but cleared off and was real nice. Today we're cover by marine layer (fog) again with drizzle.

Think we'll go inland to hopefully see some sunshine for a while after the rally. Going to the cheese factory today. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We're in Tillamook, Or. at the fairgrounds with Escapee Chapter 34. Yesterday started out rainy like Sunday but cleared off and was real nice. Today we're cover by marine layer (fog) again with drizzle.

Think we'll go inland to hopefully see some sunshine for a while after the rally. Going to the cheese factory today. Later.

Tina and Jeff

The coastal drizzle stops once you go over the Coastal Range .. most of the time. It's actually been gorgeous.

............ but cannot "live" in the RV. IF you want a place that allows you to "live" in the RV, the only town I know that has such developments is Yuma ---

-Don

That's what we discovered too. Living in an RV on land is not acceptable in most places we thought we might want to be.

I've been dreaming of getting back on the road - 52 days.!

But here's my issue. Some traveling friends haven't updated the Class of 2008 map in ages. No names of course but I look at it in envy and wish I could move my peg. We are going for a little visit to Vancouver for 2 days and you betcha, I will move my peg.

:P:P:P

Hmmm.... could that be anyone I know?? Well, I updated my little peg yesterday after we went farther north. :D

take 2 on Posting:

Looks like we might have a convoy in FL next winter. Paul and I have Orlando booked for 2 weeks at Christmas, and state parks in the keys booked for January (so far).Hope to meander up the coast when the weather warms up.

As Sandie indicated above ... inquiring minds want to know the details. We are thinking (THINKING) we'll be around Orlando in December and on to the Keys (PERHAPS) in January. Or, that might even be vice versa. Eventually we'll sit down and figure where, when and what. :mellow:

At one time Mr. Hyder indicated they would be in Florida too but I think he has more fun working than playing.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I did a little more walking today than usual. I felt pretty good. I think I'm finally shaking the hip problems I had last year. It doesn't seem to be helping my weight though. I don't consume enough food to feed a canary but the pounds seem to stick to my bones. I studied Spanish most of the time I wasn't walking. It doesn't feel like I'm learning much but I do understand a lot more of the spoken language than I ever have before. Once I figured out the sequence to use this Instant Immersion program, I like it. It uses the same technique that Rosetta Stone uses but only cost $43.99 instead of $499.00 like Rosetta Stone does. It's a series of pictures where you increase your vocabulary. Then a few games that are really test to see how you are doing. So far I've learned about 80 words and I already knew about a hundred and some. Then there is a seperate section, (CD) to teach grammar and some audio CD's to play in the car radio to learn while you're driving. They are made with pauses where they pronounce something then pause for you to say it then tell you what it means. I need to speak spanish like I need a hole in the head but it sure is making the time pass in a hurry. Maybe I'll take up Chinese or Arabic next. Then I'll be able to understand Jeri.

Edited by IYQ

If you start speaking in Chinese, we sure won't know what to do with you!!

Yesterday we received a new reflector for our Winegard Trav'ler. We bent the old one in Sault Ste Marie, by hitting a low tree on a one way street while lost. While we were putting the sat down before we left the campground, the power pole tripped a breaker. We were on 30a and were using the coffee maker, the microwave, and something else at the time. I reset the breaker, but forgot the dish was in the process of parking. When I did my walk around, I didn't see it and assumed it was down. Well, it was down but not all the way.. <_< When we did the exit from customs, there was a confusing one way street and we managed to get on the wrong one. We had to go around the block to get straightened out and there were low trees on the street we had to use. It didn't seem too low, and I knew my antennas (CB & radio) would hit, but when they hit it seemed like too much noise. :unsure: I was in heavy traffic and couldn't stop, so we kept going for a few hours. The sun was setting behind us and started casting a shadow of the bus on the road ahead. All of a sudden I realized there was something up on the roof that shouldn't be there. :o We stopped at a gas station and looked up at our damaged dish. Hmmmmm It would still park, but not find a satellite. :angry: When we got up here we ordered a new reflector, because even though we straightened the old one it still would not find a satellite. Carol went up on the roof yesterday between rainstorms and installed the new one. Yahoo it works! They must be really sensitive as the old one was not very bent, but it sure wouldn't work. Now if we get the slide motor today, we may be able to move again. It's a great life, if you don't weaken! :lol: Steve

ps: the reflector was $49 plus shipping FYI

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"