Surf fishing

Cyberdave

Anyone else surf or beach fish here?

I fell in love with this type of fishing!! We're in Harlingen and I be I could drive to the beach with my eyes closed....

What gear do you use? Lines, rods, reels? I had never tried braided line as I always run a light weight 4-6lb mono for trout fishing. This stuff casts so well I'll be switching to braided for my trout fishing.

It's also a good excuse to do some 4 wheel sand driving in the Jeep.

Dave & Tish
Beagle Bagles & Snoopy

RIP Snoopy we lost you 5-11-14 but you'll always travel with us
On the road somewhere.
AF retired, 70-90
A truck and a trailer

“He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion” -unknown

HoD vay' wej qoH SoH je nep! ngebmo' vIt neH 'ach SoHbe' loD Hem, wa' ngebmo'. nuqneH...

Anyone else surf or beach fish here?

I fell in love with this type of fishing!! We're in Harlingen and I be I could drive to the beach with my eyes closed....

What gear do you use? Lines, rods, reels? I had never tried braided line as I always run a light weight 4-6lb mono for trout fishing. This stuff casts so well I'll be switching to braided for my trout fishing.

It's also a good excuse to do some 4 wheel sand driving in the Jeep.

You need an excuse ??? :P

I know nothing about surf fishing other than the obvious . :( I'd like to give it a try sometime , so , I'll be reading this thread .

Goes around , comes around .

I do a lot of wade fishing in the Rockport area. I use braided line. and like it, casts well. Don't do any pure surf fishing. They do a lot in Port "A". The 10 ft poles don't fit in my car very well. At the beach here in Rockport you can wade out 100 yards, because you are in Aransas bay. Lots of other places also.

c u on the road

airstream harry

2000 Land Yacht MH

2007 Saturn Ion

Archived