HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Pulling out of Goodman, KS from Mid-America RV Park. Oakley had a Rally going and was full. I'll tell you - we fit, but the park is overpriced, crappy and we will not return. The truck stop right next to it is not crowded, and has a bunch of spots that adjoin an island for drivers-side slides to go out over. Exit 17, south side. We would have stayed in the truckstop if we were travelling alone - but we are travelling with two other people that do not boondock. Be there around 4-5pm.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhomeĀ 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are here in the GGS yard waiting for a gate need new rubber shoes for the little mule . It does't like to go barefoot. This seems to be the ultimate boondocking ,sit around the great state of Texas collecting money for writing down plate numbers and meeting new people.

1997 international 4700 LP
1993 33ft ALF
1993 Wrangler
{toad}

Elko, NV at the Iron Horse RV Resort. Pretty nice place for desert diggs. Moving on to Fallon, NV, today. Merrily has a job with Amazon Fernley, NV starting in a few days so we should be staying at the Fallon RV Park til Christmas or until we find a place we like better that is closer to Amazon. Long drive today to get there (by our standards). No steel Butt-ers here. 290 miles is a long day for us but when in boring country, what can one do?

Ā 

This traveling east to west and crossing time zones has me going nuts keeping all the clocks, thermostats and other electronics set to the right time. Only the phones keep it right.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Left the Rally this morning. Nasty head and side wind most of the way. Arrived Concordia late afternoon. Anxiously waiting to see the progress up close and personal.

Ā 

I will put this somewhere else too but I have to say this was the most entertaining, educational, excellent weather and fantastic food HDT Rally ever. Thanks to all who came and participated, the planners, presenters and organizers.

Ā 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,Ā  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.Ā 

Settled into the Fallon RV Park in Fallon, NV til Christmas. Yep, you guessed it, working at Amazon in Fernley, NV til then. OK park, especially for this part of the country. Non metered have trees, concrete paved pull thrus and streets. Metered are in the graveled area in the back of the park. This is good, since US Highway 50 is right in front of the CG.

Ā 

Other than the dust of Nevada, it is good. Huge off leash doggie park but mostly dust, too.

Ā 

Coming through here, give a shout.

Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Hey Budd,

Ā 

Last time we were through there, there was a huge cottonwood tree known as the "Shoe Tree" between Fallon and Austin. Heard vandals cut it down. It was worth a drive to see it.

KW T-680,Ā POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire,Ā VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Hmmm. It's not listed on the "Things to Do" section of the campground brochure. Must be gone. Still haven't gone to see the big pile of sand, either. We have both been feeling a little ill since we got here. Maybe dehydration, maybe food, maybe, maybe but doing better now, Merrily took off for her first day at Amazon. Having a job again after nearly 3 years seems to have really perked her up.

Ā 

We'll see how she is doing when she gets home, tonight.

Pulled into Central Florida two days ago. We will spend most of the winter here, bouncing around. I have a kitchen remodel planned in our vacation rental for November for any of you that are bored and looking for something to do. It looks like we will be in Augusta Ga for a couple of weeks starting next week as well.

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

Left Harrisburg, PA this morning and are set up at Fort A. P. Hill, VA for about a week before heading down to Hampton, VA for the month of November.

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2014 Mobile Suite Memphis 44'
2004 Volvo 630 (The Sonshine Express), ET Hitch, Jackalopee & Szmyt Wonderbed
2016 Smart (Blanche)

Having survived the Oct 4 blizzard and over 5 feet of snow, we escaped the cold in Rapid City this morning and headed south to Parker, AZ for the winter. Currently overniting in Rawlins, WY where it was 60+ today. A real nice change in weather.

Will be in Parker about the Oct 28 till April.

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Jim, that extra month in the Dakota's will make you enjoy Arizona all the more. It was a pleasure meeting you this summer when MLC came up for Sturgis. We will see you next summer. Have a great winter!

fbcover2.jpg

"Submarines Forever"

Snowing here in Alberta.

Time to get on the road to AZ for the next 5 and a half months.

leaving on Tuesday or Wednesday.

We will be on the road for 3 days mostly on I15.

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Http:/www.flickr.com/photos/shallow_draft/

Https://flic.kr/p/fqhyAN

Ā 

You are not lost if you don't care where you are!!

Into Emerald Cove just north of Earp, CA until April. No weather issues since Rapid City.

Ā 

Just as a matter of info, the railroad crossing on 95 between Needles and Las Vegas has been repaired for the present. Don't know how long the repairs will last but at least it is now posted at 20 MPH. Highly recommend that you not exceed that speed.

Edited by Jim Gehlen

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Arrived Clark County Shooting Park, Las Vegas,Nv for our second work camping winter here. Will be here at least until March 2014.

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep GladiatorĀ 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

Ā 

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Left our S & B East of Show Low Arizona and here now in Destiny RV resort(it really is not, but nice) via Payson Arizona but kind of small for our rigs. I don't recommend it for HDT's typically for this reason in Goodyear Arizona but we have been staying here alot over the years from when I had my 1 ton Dodge diesel dually. Well be moving on next Monday to PIR for the week NASCAR Races and then back to Destiny after a week at the track and here tell November 30. Then back to Show Low, I know it is cold but not very bad really

Edited by Bob Cochran

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

We are in Whitsett Tx. on a work camping job Gate guarding setup. As I set out side enjoying the 80* weather I keep seeing all the rigs heading south on us 37 . In route to corpus or Mission, saw a dark blue hi-rise with a 40 + toy hauler heading south this morning , Any of our members heading that way?

1997 international 4700 LP
1993 33ft ALF
1993 Wrangler
{toad}

We are now in Hampton, VA set up in the Langley A.F.B. FamCamp. It's not a very nice campground, as there are mostly homesteaders (some for more than 6 years), but it is convienent for visiting friends and family. We plan to be here until early December then down to Charlotte, NC; Savannah, GA; and Florida.

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2016 Smart (Blanche)

Jeff, keep us in mind while in FL. We will be in Blackwater State Park (Near Pensacola) from Jan through Mar with the exception of the Tampa show, which we are going to. If our paths dont cross there we will see you at the ECR.

fbcover2.jpg

"Submarines Forever"

Jim, we hope to get to the Tampa show and hang out with the HDTers. We are thinking of going along the panhandle in March on our way up to the ECR. I'm sure we'll see you and Miss Robin somewhere along the way. Travel safely.

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2016 Smart (Blanche)

Hanging out at Space Craft. Got here around 1430 hours today just soaking in all the information. A few things to tidy up and then I need to wait for my Brother to arrive either tomorrow or Saturday morning with the car to see if it all works as planned. This is one solid house. Can't wait back up to it and take it for a little outing tomorrow.

Ā 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,Ā  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

On the road (HWY 35) today as we leave the big city of Sanger, TX, and will overnight at Cabella's, south of Austin, and then on to the RGV for arrival on Saturday. Might be a little crowded with so many rigs headed south!

Ā 

Looking forward to the drive! Have I said how much I love driving this rig?! B):rolleyes:

Edited by HERO Maker

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

Ā 

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

First 250 miles on the new trailer behind me. Uneventful trip. Shade over 4 hours. Pulled the car in and chalked in where the wheels sit. Put the e-track down and put a few screws in. Will recheck tomorrow before putting the remaining screws in. Sitting at the Tire Shop in Oskaloosa, Ia.

Ā 

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800