TRICARE new drug coverage permanent!

Ray,IN

Copied from their email:

"TRICARE’s over-the-counter (OTC) drug coverage is here to stay. Formerly a demonstration program, the OTC benefit becomes a permanent part of the TRICARE pharmacy benefit on Feb. 1, 2016. Effective that date, TRICARE is making some changes to OTC coverage to bring it in line with other TRICARE pharmacy coverage.

Starting Feb. 1, beneficiaries must pay the usual generic copays for covered OTC drugs. OTC drug coverage will still require a prescription from their doctor. Female beneficiaries can still get Levonorgestrel (the Plan B one-step emergency contraceptive), without a copay or prescription at a network or military pharmacy."

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 weeks later...

But if like me you get your scripts filled at a military pharmacy, no changes.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I'd much prefer that Derek, but the nearest MTF with a pharmacy is over 3 hours from our house.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

I hear ya Ray but I was just clarifying before someone thought that it applied to MTF Pharmacies too. I always jump when I read the Tricare headlines on Military.com too.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

The asthma Dr wants me to take Mucenex DM (OTC) daily now, I'm gonna have him write a script and mail it to Express-Scripts to see what happens. A system test, if you will.

Let us know what happens Ray!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

I've used Express Scripts for many years and only have a small problem when the Rx requires prior authorization. Usually cleared up in a few days. They seem to be a little more organized lately with renewals, electronically getting the renewals from the doctor if you are enrolled in automatic refills.

Chuck & Lola
WV
Retired USCG

2013 Ford F450/2013 Lifestyle 37RESL

Archived