Propane?

HamRad

We're currently in the Seattle area..... Specifically Burien / Normandy Park area. We ran out of propane. Was wondering if anyone in the area knows the best (cheapest) place to purchase propane? Thanks, Dennis.

Trailer: Montana 5th wheel, model 3582Rl, model year 2012

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

I recently did a search for Tractor Supply stores with propane and found the following stores in Washington that sell propane:

Lynden
Port Orchard
Puyallup

Tom
—————————————————
2005 Born Free 24' Rear Bath
Towing 1978 VW Bug convertible
Minneapolis, MN

Look up the nearest U-Haul, they often have propane. Google Propane Burien WA - the U-Haul place on 1st Ave that has propane as well as several other places. Google (or whatever search engine you use) is your friend!

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I appreciate your info. I ,of course, tried searching using various parameters. But get such variant info as to be useless. Nothing seems to be intuitive. Was hoping someone who actually is in or near Seattle would reply with specific stores. But I'll find something. Thanks again. Dennis

Truck: Ford 450 PSD Super Duty, 2002 Crew Cab, Long bed, 4:88 rear end, last of the 7.3 engines, Automatic Transmission.

You can try calling your local hardware stores and ask them if they fill tanks. And if they do not, ask them where they would suggest. I find asking the locals about local things always works out best for me.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I appreciate your info. I ,of course, tried searching using various parameters. But get such variant info as to be useless. Nothing seems to be intuitive. Was hoping someone who actually is in or near Seattle would reply with specific stores. But I'll find something. Thanks again. Dennis

We were up in Fall City this morning, if needed our park had Propane available, as did gas stations in the area, but that doesn't help you. I gave you one with the specific street it is on. Doesn't matter if someone is in the greater Seattle area, they have no idea where in Burien you are. Assume you are driveway parking?

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We were up in Fall City this morning, if needed our park had Propane available, as did gas stations in the area, but that doesn't help you. I gave you one with the specific street it is on. Doesn't matter if someone is in the greater Seattle area, they have no idea where in Burien you are. Assume you are driveway parking?

Barbaraok,

Yep. We are driveway parking. Been visiting daughter and family. And I don't care if someone is in Seattle or not..... Just figured anyone reading this forum was probably an RVer and thus might know where to fill propane. I would like the lowest price I can get but certainly won't drive all over town. Just need to get a tank filled..... And they are portable tanks not fixed. Again thanks to everyone for info. Dennis

It's cheap around here, I didn't think anyone ever priced shopped for it, we just go and get them filled.

Bingo! We filled up (after 2 years) our tank at an RV Park in Centralia for something like $1.50 a gallon - really, really cheap.

HamRad - why would you think anyone who is in an RV park anywhere in the Seattle Metro area (which means 30+ miles out) would have any idea about Burien, WA where there are no RV Parks? Like was stated, it is cheap in this area - just get them filled. It is warm enough at night so you don't need to be filling every few days.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Bingo! We filled up (after 2 years) our tank at an RV Park in Centralia for something like $1.50 a gallon - really, really cheap.

HamRad - why would you think anyone who is in an RV park anywhere in the Seattle Metro area (which means 30+ miles out) would have any idea about Burien, WA where there are no RV Parks? Like was stated, it is cheap in this area - just get them filled. It is warm enough at night so you don't need to be filling every few days.

Barbara,

In regards to "locals" issue. Guess I'm just to parochial in my thinking. Just sort of figured that surely someone from the general area would steer me to a specific location. And I did get some good info. I thank you and all the others who have addressed my issue. If future I'll try to word my situation more clearly. Thanks for all your input.

We're headed home tomorrow and I'm dreading it! It is simply too hot in Bakersfield and I've gotten spoiled by the wonderful weather here in the Seattle area. Dennis

Well I found a place just a few blocks from where we're staying. It is a U-Haul store. A young lady met me as I was entering the store. I told her I needed propane and she said she could help me. Ten minutes later I was on my way home with a full tank. Thanks again for all the helpful info. Dennis

Archived