Positive customer service

oediehl

A couple years ago I bought the semi-pricey Bauer keypad lockset for our 5th wheel, and it was a bit iffy from the start. Sometimes it would work, and sometimes not. We dared not lock the rig via the keypad from the outside (without keys in our pockets), lest we return and not be able to get back in! We fiddled with it a while, and then kinda forgot about it and went back to just using the keys. At least it was (presumably) not the same key that everyone else in the campground used to open their rigs.

On our latest trip I thought, what the heck, I'll put fresh batteries in, reprogram it, and try it again. Still the same deal; I was kinda miffed. I emailed Bauer with my story and groused about it some, and was surprised to promptly be contacted and advised that I would be provided with a replacement. And this was well out of the warranty period! I accepted gratefully, and soon after a new (and improved, actually) keypad lock showed up at my door.

So far it's been working great; none of the iffy operation from the previous keypad, and as I mentioned, the keypad functionality has been improved. Great customer service, Bauer; I'm impressed!

rig4.jpg

Archived