TOW BAR FOR TOWING 4 DOWN

rambler62

Backing up is a non-issue. In 16 years of full-timing we never got ourselves in a position that we needed to do so. If we did, it's a simple few minute process.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I have a Blue Ox Aventa LX 10,000-lb for 2" receiver with safety chains. bought it for my son's RV but he never towed. It's still sealed in the original box. Can't get much newer than that. Will sell for $390. It weighs 53 lbs to ship; so, it's a better deal for someone near me north of Dallas. PM me for questions or requests to buy.

Pebbledropper

2008 Country Coach Allure 470 38'

425 Cummins, 4 slides, tag

2014 4-dr Jeep Rubicon

I towed in the 60's a jeep with a 1/2 ton pickup with overloads and a 9' camper. I also used to shoot a few years before an arrow straight up out of sight, and I'm still here. Now I tow with ReadyBrute Elite tow bar with an integrated brake system. A reasonably handy guy(are jeepers handy) can install in less than two hours, longer if you don't read the directions first and maybe watch a couple vids on install.

LEN

We tow a 2012 Jeep Liberty 4-down using a Blue Ox towbar and baseplate and an Invisibrake braking system. Cost us somewhere around $3500 to have it all installed. We chose the Jeep because, at the time, we needed both true 4WD and the ability to tow 4-down. The need for the 4WD is gone, but not (yet) the need to tow.

Since it sounds like you have a suitable trailer that can serve double duty that may be your best route.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Archived