Where is a quality rv painting facility?

Travelforever

Ron,

When I called Precision couple of years ago they had 3 month turnover time. How long did they quote you?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

No time quote, since I would leave it all winter. Pro quoted me 14K **MORE** to do the Volvo, I think they're nuts but I'll go see them anyway. Precision quoted me around 10K. Remember, they just lost their head man, and I think he took people with him.

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

I also am looking at Precision in Bremen, but I found out several things. Their work may be great, BUT. They and Millenium, Carrera painting and several others are apparently owned by Patrick industries, all seem to price the same (?). Their head guy Paul Conley just jumped ship and is going to run his own shop in the area. Expects to begin taking work in a week or so. Mike's has been good on communication and the price is better. I will be flying out to tour all the places on 8/23, I can give you my feedback after then if you want. Called a few outfits in FL, they tend to be quite a bit higher for my fiver. Shops in Elkhart have mentioned a winter discount, too.

FYI I owned a body shop for 10 yrs, I know what good is & isn't, prep & final finish. I wanna see it all before I drop that kind of money.

I'm going to see Mike's, Paul's new place, Precision and Pro Customs

I'd be very interested to see this. We need to get ours at least partially painted in the next year.

1994 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WB40

Full-timers since 2016, domiciled in Crestview, Florida

When I called Precision couple of years ago they had 3 month turnover time. How long did they quote you?

Dude. This is our house. No, you can't have it for 3 months, or anything close to that. 3 weeks, more like. Schedule the work, we'll be there on time, and jump on it when you get it.

Has anyone ever used a company in Columbus, Ohio named Star Jet Painting?

Several people on the Wanderlodge Owner's Group have used them over the years. You might go there and search: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/forums/index.php

On their website, Star Jet says they have hookups and you can stay in your bus while the work is being done. That's huge, to me.

Archived