class of 2014..follow along!

keep an eye on the prize..on the road to fullltiming in 2014 .. I am new to this RV-forum..so bear with me..our plan is to retire in 2014..buy a Class A diesel pusher and hit the road..well at least get out of the Vancouver area. We are holding on tight to our dream!!

mumzilla

class of 2014

keep an eye on the prize

our rig when we get it will be still be called

BIGDAWG..AND FREEWAY

..we have half of our rig now..FREEWAY IS

OUR TOAD..

2010 JEEP WRANGLER

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on starting this thread, mum! Your classmates are out there and you've created a place for them to come together. Yeah for you!

Let's hear it for the first voice from the Class of 2014! We look forward to hearing much more and meeting you and your classmates on the road down the road!

Believe it or not, your "graduation" will be here before you know it.

Cheers!

Boris and Natasha

Bullwinkle, 2009 Winnebago Tour 40TD

Rocky, 2013 Jeep Wrangler toad

Fulltime Class of 2009

Follow us at Bullwinkle's Travels

Congratulations on starting this thread, mum! Your classmates are out there and you've created a place for them to come together. Yeah for you!

Let's hear it for the first voice from the Class of 2014! We look forward to hearing much more and meeting you and your classmates on the road down the road!

Believe it or not, your "graduation" will be here before you know it.

Cheers!

you are a creepin me out!!!..lol..thanks for the vote of confidence!!!

mumzilla

class of 2014

keep an eye on the prize

BIGDAWG..AND FREEWAY

OUR TOAD..

2010 JEEP WRANGLER

That's how we are....We'll sneak up on you! LOL!

very funny...hey now I figured how to get a photo at least..its all a learning curve!!..you can teach an old dog new tricks!!

mumzilla

class of 2014

keep an eye on the prize

BIGDAWG..AND FREEWAY

OUR TOAD..

2010 JEEP WRANGLER

Hey Gang, I am in your class! I will be following the thread.

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

Hey Gang, I am in your class! I will be following the thread.

welcome to the class of 2014!!!

mumzilla

class of 2014

keep an eye on the prize

BIGDAWG..AND FREEWAY

OUR TOAD..

2010 JEEP WRANGLER

Hi there Mum! and welcome to the wonderful world of Fulltimers! We are Class of 2007, and remember the excitement that we all had, looking forward to being on the road. It is a good life!!

You'll meet lots of wonderful folks and make so many memories!!

Come to Escapade when you can, and learn lots of good stuff and meet lots of fulltiming folks!!! It is a trip worth making!!!

We'll surely look forward to seeing you on the road!!!

Hugs and keep on keeping on...it will be here before you know it!!!

Molly & Bob

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

Hi there Mum! and welcome to the wonderful world of Fulltimers! We are Class of 2007, and remember the excitement that we all had, looking forward to being on the road. It is a good life!!

You'll meet lots of wonderful folks and make so many memories!!

Come to Escapade when you can, and learn lots of good stuff and meet lots of fulltiming folks!!! It is a trip worth making!!!

We'll surely look forward to seeing you on the road!!!

Hugs and keep on keeping on...it will be here before you know it!!!

Molly & Bob

thanks for the vote of confidence..we know it will be here before we know it..its all about purging at the moment!

mumzilla

class of 2014

keep an eye on the prize

BIGDAWG..AND FREEWAY

OUR TOAD..

2010 JEEP WRANGLER

Hello Sue and Doug! We look forward to seeing you again and meeting other members of the Class of 2014 when they get on the road.

You have taken a big step along the way towards your full timing goal, and we know that the 2014 group will appreciate the thread that you started.

We always enjoy watching others as they prepare for this wonderful lifestyle and stand ready, as always, to help anyone who needs a little encouragement along the way.

Safe travels,

Your Class of 2006 buddies on the road in NE Oregon,

Gordon (Da Godfadda) and Juanita

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Well I think that DW & I will join the class of 2014. We had hoped to go sooner but with the economy, and housing prices etc we need to change our sights to 2014. So I will follow along on this thread as well. We are looking forward to June 6, 2014. That will be the last day of school and God willing the day we go FT. Of course if we can go sooner we will :rolleyes: .

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

Well I think that DW & I will join the class of 2014. We had hoped to go sooner but with the economy, and housing prices etc we need to change our sights to 2014. So I will follow along on this thread as well. We are looking forward to June 6, 2014. That will be the last day of school and God willing the day we go FT. Of course if we can go sooner we will ;) .

welcome to the class of 2014..it will be here before we know it..in the mean time I spend a lot of time reading blogs and trip journals of our travelling friends..keeps the dream alive..some days are harder than others especially when everyone else is out on the road moving to their next stationary spot..how we wish we could be out there too!!..but work is calling our names for a while longer!!..dang it!!!

mumzilla

class of 2014

keep an eye on the prize

BIGDAWG..AND FREEWAY

OUR TOAD..

2010 JEEP WRANGLER

Best of luck to all your class. We've been planning on hitting the road for 9 years, and now we are all of 7 days. Just read and learn, there are so many here willing to share their knowledge and experience and different points of view that allow you to find the right way for you.

John

2017 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7 4.10 B&W hitch

2017 DRV MS 36RSSB3

We're planning on fulltiming starting in 2014. I'll be retiring in a couple of months, but we want to get our freshman daughter through High School before departing. Retirement income won't be enough to quit working entirely. I'll be part-time working for myself for the next few years. When SS kicks in, we'll be gone. So, we have a few years to plan and organize, hopefully at a non-stressful pace. Looking forward to it, though. In the meantime, we're "practicing" by going out on long-ish trips. Last year we were out for 28 consecutive days going to Yellowstone NP, this year we have a 17 day trip planned to East Coast NPs. Next year might be a longer one again, Grand Canyon comes to mind. We've got a TT right now, hoping to get into a 5th wheel by 2013.

We're planning on fulltiming starting in 2014. I'll be retiring in a couple of months, but we want to get our freshman daughter through High School before departing. Retirement income won't be enough to quit working entirely. I'll be part-time working for myself for the next few years. When SS kicks in, we'll be gone. So, we have a few years to plan and organize, hopefully at a non-stressful pace. Looking forward to it, though. In the meantime, we're "practicing" by going out on long-ish trips. Last year we were out for 28 consecutive days going to Yellowstone NP, this year we have a 17 day trip planned to East Coast NPs. Next year might be a longer one again, Grand Canyon comes to mind. We've got a TT right now, hoping to get into a 5th wheel by 2013.

DTHURK, I just moved out of Upstate NY. We were living in the Saratoga Springs area. We loved it up there, but my job keeps me on the move. We will be joining you on the road in 2014. Have fun on your vacation this year.

Jim

fbcover2.jpg

"Submarines Forever"

As soon as we get our soon-to-be freshmen out of high school and into college, we'll be hittin' the road!

Kids are definitely impacting my start date! My college Sophomore comes home for the summer next week. In an effort to meet our goals the DW and I are tracking every expense. Dave Ramsey is really rubbing off on me.

Anyway, last night while balancing the April budget I realized my college Sophomore spent more (OF MY MONEY) on food for the month than the DW and I did combined. (I AM NOT HAPPY). So I have scheduled a little prayer meeting with her when she gets here. Seems here belief she is entitled to a better lifestyle than the DW and I who have worked all our lives, needs to be adjusted.

The good news is. We are on Track, at my current rate of preparing, I will be ready in early 2014.

Jim.

fbcover2.jpg

"Submarines Forever"

Well, I guess I'd better speak up, because you know the Chouters will be out there with you! As soon as we get our soon-to-be freshmen out of high school and into college, we'll be hittin' the road!

welcome to the class of 2014 Chouters!!!!..yippeee!!!

mumzilla

class of 2014

keep an eye on the prize

BIGDAWG..AND FREEWAY

OUR TOAD..

2010 JEEP WRANGLER

Sounds to me like you've got a great group of 2014ers out there. We're part of the Class of 2009 and man this life just gets better and better. But I can still remember the "having to still work" part which was hard but it was also great for getting ready. We started about 2 1/2 years before we hit the road getting rid of "stuff", figuring out what important papers to take with us, and reading everything we could about rving. That really helped to make the time pass much more quickly. And we still had a ton of stuff to get rid of when the time actually arrived. I thought i had done such a great job getting rid of stuff - ha ha.

I agree with the other poster about attending an Escapade if you get a chance. We did before we retired and we had a wonderful time and learned so much. Especially from boot camp.

Go to the Class of 2009 and read the posts by palomine. They are also from your area and are back up in Canada for their mandatory time. Maybe you guys could meet up somewhere and just talk rving.

We're here if you need any help or have any questions.

Sandie

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Hello Sue and Doug! We look forward to seeing you again and meeting other members of the Class of 2014 when they get on the road.

You have taken a big step along the way towards your full timing goal, and we know that the 2014 group will appreciate the thread that you started.

We always enjoy watching others as they prepare for this wonderful lifestyle and stand ready, as always, to help anyone who needs a little encouragement along the way.

Safe travels,

Your Class of 2006 buddies on the road in NE Oregon,

Gordon (Da Godfadda) and Juanita

What Foggymtn said. . .Suzanne & I welcome all you '14ers! :lol: Read our blogs, as well as other '06ers http://web.mac.com/barbaraok/Site/Welcome.html; http://www.laninga.com/. . .some useful stuff might be gleaned from our ramblings :P

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

What Foggymtn said. . .Suzanne & I welcome all you '14ers! :) Read our blogs, as well as other '06ers http://web.mac.com/barbaraok/Site/Welcome.html; http://www.laninga.com/. . .some useful stuff might be gleaned from our ramblings :P

thanks for the vote of confidence..we need it at the moment..it seems a long way off and way beyond our reach..been a bad couple of months..we can only hope that things will get better..will follow your trip journal!..thanks for making a comment!

mumzilla

class of 2014

keep an eye on the prize

BIGDAWG..AND FREEWAY

OUR TOAD..

2010 JEEP WRANGLER

If I've calculated correctly, my DW and I will be joining you, full-time, early in 2014, too.

Originally, we were planning for 2012, but a couple of years ago, I changed jobs and decided to move the retirement date out a bit. If I weren't so old already (per SSA I'll be full retirement age in January), I'd probably continue working--since I love my job and thoroughly enjoy the folks I work with.

Having confessed all that, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of 2014. Sometime between then and now, we plan to actually get an RV and a HDT to pull it with. [We already bought a 2006 smart car to park on the HDT!]

Raymond & Janet

(aka, Gator Ray & jags1fan)

Raymond (G8r.Ray; i.e., Gator Ray) & Janet
Grinnin' ear-to-ear, since 2012-03-14

2005 Volvo 630 Motor Coach,

VE D12 465hp/1650lb-ft, 12 sp FreedomLine (2-Peddle),
217in WB, smart car deck/bed by Toterman, Pressure Pro,
PowerTank, Crossfire (dual tire pressure equilizer)

2006 smart forTwo Passion (450, Gen I), Ruby Red/Silver
2008 smart forTwo Passion (451, Gen II), Blue/Black
2009 DRV Mobile Suites 36RS3

Hi Everyone.......I have been waiting for a 2014 class for sometime now - I am so excited to finally see one! Count me in! We have sold our house, done major down sizing and reading, lots of reading! I'd go in a heart beat but we need to wait another four years for benfits of teaching 25 years to kick in! I can't complain as that is what is going to keep us on the road! 2014 seems like a long ways off, but it was two years ago we began the plan, so almost half way there!

Looking forward to it all!

Diane B)

Diane and Michael
The "kids" Penny and Tatonka
Chevy Silverado pulling a 36ft Alpenlite 5th Wheel
Class of 2015

Hi Everyone.......I have been waiting for a 2014 class for sometime now - I am so excited to finally see one! Count me in! We have sold our house, done major down sizing and reading, lots of reading! I'd go in a heart beat but we need to wait another four years for benfits of teaching 25 years to kick in! I can't complain as that is what is going to keep us on the road! 2014 seems like a long ways off, but it was two years ago we began the plan, so almost half way there!

Looking forward to it all!

Diane :lol:

Thanks for joining in the fun Diane..keep reading and researching..we are doing the same!!..that and waiting for the magic year to be here!!

mumzilla

class of 2014

keep an eye on the prize

BIGDAWG..AND FREEWAY

OUR TOAD..

2010 JEEP WRANGLER

Archived