Adding auto level do I want 4 point or 6 point big foot system

aclwbaker

A bad back has me looking at auto leveling. I have a 34' Hitch Hiker that weighs about 12000 dry. Do I save a little and get the 4 point system instead of the 6 point?

Does anyone have the 4 point big foot and not wish they had gotten the 6 point system?

Thanks

I think it really depends on what your trailer mfg. says the frame will support.

I have big foot on 4 corners with a 24,000 weight rating. 42.5 feet long.

Those who have six might say it is little more sturdy when walking around inside.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

I'd suggest you use the loaded HH weight as that's how it's used. We have the Quadra Big Foot and are very pleased after 9 years of use. I'd suggest you contact NuWa and ask their opinion. With the BF system each leg has it's own motor and pump and each leg capable of lifting 17K pounds. I believe the Lippert Level Up system has one pump which operates all 6 legs. We have friends with the Lippert system on a new Mobil Suite and had the BF system on their HH (which was totaled in an accident) and they like both systems. Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

If Quadra has done the model before they will tell you which they recommend. If this is their first they've done on your make/model they will have their engineer evaluate it during your appointment and let you know which they recommend. It's not only weight but where they have to locate the jacks.

Personally wouldn't trust a Lippert retrofit and I believe when were were looking they were more expensive for inferior quality cylinders.

Ray & Deb - Shelbi the Aussie & Lexington the cat
2004 Volvo 630 500HP ISX "Bertha D" - 10 Speed-MaxBrake -ET hitch.SOLD
2009 Designer 35RLSA SOLD
Fulltiming since '07 - stopped 2016

Personally wouldn't trust a Lippert retrofit and I believe when were were looking they were more expensive for inferior quality cylinders.

Our Lippert 6 pt system has worked FLAWLESSLY for 5 years and is very stable. I don't feel the need to bash the BF system. I feel they are both very good.

Fulltiming since September 1, 2010

2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW Lariat Crew Cab

2012 Montana 3585SA

It all gets down to the strength of your frame. A perfect system would be just three jacks (milk stool). There were several motorhomes with that setup. For a fifth-wheel, four jacks deals with the logistics of placement. If your frame isn't strong enough to be supported from the corners only, then 6 jacks. Even Big Foot offers a 6 jack system for lighter frames.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

It all gets down to the strength of your frame. A perfect system would be just three jacks (milk stool). There were several motorhomes with that setup. For a fifth-wheel, four jacks deals with the logistics of placement. If your frame isn't strong enough to be supported from the corners only, then 6 jacks. Even Big Foot offers a 6 jack system for lighter frames.

Again, good call Mark

At Quadra's suggestion, I had the 6 point Big Foot installed on our 40 foot Travel Supreme. It was not a lot more expensive, but there is a reason for that. The two right rear jacks share the same pump, and the left rear two jacks share another pump. You are buying 4 pumps either way. The pressure equalizes between the two jacks on the same pump. It does spread the weight out over 6 points, so in theory it should be more stable. I put this on immediately after buying the trailer used, so I cant say how it compares with the 4 point manual level system the trailer came with. It would not surprise me of the old system was more stable because the legs were further out to the rear corners, but I have no complaints for the 6 point auto leveling system.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

We have been at NuWa in Chanute Ks for the last couple of days looking at a 37 ft Hitch Hiker (2012) They built this one with the Big Foot leveling. According to the salesman who's been there over 30 years they feel it is the best but only if the frame is strong enough. They recommend the 6 point system if using it on a Lippert frame. I have no experience with either.

Archived