COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP

Dejae

It is kind of off topic help.

I believe things happen best in volume.

The volume we need is PRAYERS!

We just put our house up for sale Monday. Realtor showed us paperwork that said houses in our development are selling

30-45 day average.

I would so like to be sold as soon as possible so we can go find our Motorhome, get it inspected and be out of here! It has taken us

5 years to get rid of everything, get this finished in this house, get kids settled on their own and be at this point.

We are sooooo ready to go....but I don't want to be hitting the road for our first out in the winter and it would be cheaper for me to rent my own house if I have to stay here for the winter then to pay rent for the MH to stay in a campground here.

So I am asking for prayers and positive thoughts in getting this house sold.

Thank you and hope to still be a part of class of 2016!

Judi

PS quick question. If you were buying a used MH from a dealer, would you still have the big inspection done?

Blessed Travels,
Judi, John, Peanut and DeJae' (Our baby girl DeJae passed 7/21/2019)

Best of luck that it sells fast and enjoy your new lifestyle. Buying a motorhome from anyone - dealer or private party should be inspected.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I'll pass our good wishes along to you. We had our first offer within 24 hours of going on the market and are down to the last details before closing can be scheduled. At least in this area things are beginning to sell again after a very long slow period since the recession.

I'll pass our good wishes along to you. We had our first offer within 24 hours of going on the market and are down to the last details before closing can be scheduled. At least in this area things are beginning to sell again after a very long slow period since the recession.

Well we know it won't happen that fast. Went up Monday morning and haven't gotten a call yet!!! But I will take the good wishes for sure!!

Houses have been averaging 30-45 but how does one ever know.

I just hope it is in God's wishes that it happen like we hope...but basically, he holds the cards.

BTW, congrats and best of luck to you on your journey!!! Maybe we will get to meet up some day

Blessed Travels,

Have your realtor schedule an open house. They can do one for other realtors to come in an look it over so they know about it and possibly match it to a clients needs, and they can schedule one for the potential buyers by advertising the open house. Our realtor listed our on the local internet realtors page and indicated not available for showing until 2 days later. She had 11 appointments for people that wanted to see it and it sold that morning. The market in our area last spring was for 15 days, so maybe not as fast as we did, but your realtor needs to get the info out there to as many places as possible including all the internet listings.

Pat DeJong

Have your realtor schedule an open house. They can do one for other realtors to come in an look it over so they know about it and possibly match it to a clients needs, and they can schedule one for the potential buyers by advertising the open house. Our realtor listed our on the local internet realtors page and indicated not available for showing until 2 days later. She had 11 appointments for people that wanted to see it and it sold that morning. The market in our area last spring was for 15 days, so maybe not as fast as we did, but your realtor needs to get the info out there to as many places as possible including all the internet listings.

It is advertised all over the place, he did it almost immediately. He also mailed fliers to our entire zipcode, some of our friends already told us they got them. His agency is putting up the sign on Tuesday. The house 2 doors down is identical to ours and is asking more money but they have done like 5 open houses in the last 3 weeks and we never see anyone come. I know it doesn't mean the same for us and we probably will do an open house. It is tough here, we are in the Henderson area of las vegas, nv. Have to be careful who comes in the door and open house you don't need to be with a realtor.

Blessed Travels,

Unless your home is a starter home, an open house usually only benefits the realtor. Lots of contacts if well attended but the odds of someone not just starting out coming to an open house is small. An open house just for agents is different, though, since those agents may have a buyer they are previewing for. Many people coming to an open house are neighbors wanting to compare their house to yours but you never know, maybe one of those neighbors has a friend who'd like to move to your neighborhood. My Realtor, the number one sales person in the Twin Cities, doesn't do open houses since he already has as many contacts as his team can handle.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Unless your home is a starter home, an open house usually only benefits the realtor. Lots of contacts if well attended but the odds of someone not just starting out coming to an open house is small. An open house just for agents is different, though, since those agents may have a buyer they are previewing for. Many people coming to an open house are neighbors wanting to compare their house to yours but you never know, maybe one of those neighbors has a friend who'd like to move to your neighborhood. My Realtor, the number one sales person in the Twin Cities, doesn't do open houses since he already has as many contacts as his team can handle.

Linda Sand

That is what my guy told me Linda, he doesn't do open houses cause it just makes the nosy neighbors come to see what your house model looks like. He also said it is hard to get people to take off their shoes when they go upstairs to carpeted area unless you have someone at the staircase at all times. I have off white carpets. So don't want to really have to pay to clean them again. Thanks for the feedback. I think it will be quiet for the holiday weekend and hopefully next week we will get rolling, WE SO HOPE!

Blessed Travels,

Linda Sand

+1, open houses to the public is just an invitation to get things stolen and for people to see how you have it decorated. Relators I have dealt with said it is a waste of time.

Ron
US Army retired
2010 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH
2016 Ford F150 XLT

+3 on Open Houses and susceptibility of unqualified strangers in your home with little control of their whereabouts when several ensue at once. Typically most serious buyers will always attach themselves to a professional realtor to get exposure to homes that meet their specific criteria of needs/wants, and sometimes buyers do psychologically think that by trying to find a home on their own they'll get a better deal, which is in reality seldom the case, as typically both the seller and buyer are at odds in both trying to save the commissions amount at the same time anyways.

Yes a very very odd time (probably less than 1% depending on the area and market demand) someone will stumble upon an Open that they fall in love with and put an offer in on. However, with that said, most Opens are done for one of two key reasons has been our experience for the most part = to generate more leads (extension of the realtors office) of buyers or potential future listing neighbours, or to placate the antsy home sellers to demonstrate that the lister is doing "something" for their commissions. In addition realtors that don't like doing Open Houses, tend to offer their listings out to other realtors trying to generate leads in their office to sit on their behalf and sometimes on a referral basis.

Common-sense, dictates generally, that at any one time, there is usually someone looking for a home to live in especially when closer to a larger economic area, the situation boils down to supply and demand (buyers or sellers market conditions at the time). Buyers will typically pick the best home, in the best location that their qualifying dollars/budget offer them. Therefore lead the market "very" attractively on price and presentation based on what you have in relation to the competition (wear the buyers shoes!) and what current market stats are telling you. We all like to justify that our home is better than another competing one because of ............, whereas in reality the buyers don't even consider that aspect in making their final decision to putting in an offer. Hardly any showings typically means you are too high priced even on paper - lots of showings and no offers typically means you are slightly over priced based on what they see upon viewing. NO OFFERS = adjust your price accordingly until it meets the buyers market price, never what we want to hear but it's a reality in life. Alternatively, if rental market more favourable than selling market, maybe that's a consideration, especially if you can generate some positive cashflow that way! (Check out great article on what www.Roadslesstraveled.us wrote recently how they lost a fast buyer, market went against them = financial crisis, and have spent past several years leasing their home whilst being FT and glad they did).

Linda Sand

I have too totally agree with Linda. Our former realtor, who sold several rental and personal properties for us, agrees. She says open house are mainly for the realtor to get contacts for future sales and has actually sold very few houses to open house visitors. Serious buyers already have a good realtor that will be shopping for the best house. Have a good realtor and price the house right and it will sell. On one rental property the realtor said, "Earl, you have a lot of deferred maintenance on that fourplex and you will not be getting top price. So list it realistically." That's what you need: an honest realtor.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

It is holiday weekend and my realtor said we would probably see no one as most realtors and people are chillin and taking some time. With that, we did have 2 look oddly. IMO I don't think either were interested but it was impressive to me that on a big celebration weekend we would have 2.

It has been good cause we needed to do some cool deck patching and this weekend was perfect timing to do some major type work like that. We also needed to repair one of our patio door cement sills. We have 3 patio doors and I guess the previous users used the one more than the other 2. We are only here 2 years come this July.

No open house is going to be happening. Not really worried about what people see or how we decorate. Out of 10 rooms only 3 have anything in them. We have already sold everything else. We have some very non replaceable items that we are keeping in a climate controlled, secure, insured locker.

All we have left is den couch and love seat and that leaves on June 7. (not sure what we will sit on then...lol) All we have 3 left to sell or give away is 2 32" and one 55" Flat Screen TV's, Two Lamps, 2 dog crates, Color Laser Printer, One twin bed and small dresser and a king size pedestal bed, dresser and 2 night stands. New Front Load Washer and Dryer DONE! Nothing to really see, Nothing on walls. OH we have patio set out back for when we are in pool but that is staying here anyway. My hardest part will be once it sells, hunting around and finding the motorhome we want, get it inspected (if it passes) and sell what is left in house,...all in 30 days with 2 senior dogs! lol

Blessed Travels,

Archived