Boondocking, BLM, Dispersed Camping Newbie Needs Advice

analogphotognomad

One resource I have recently found is Avenza PDF maps. you download the app to your tablet or phone and then you can download all kinds of maps. Some are free, some (such as hiking maps) cost money. I just downladed maps for the Kaibab and Coconino National Forests for free and it shows you where dispersed camping is available. When you open the map ( which, once its downladed, does not require internet to see it) the GPS shows where you are on the map. We used it to find camping spots all week long!

Love this resource!!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Wow.... That is a great tip!!! Thanks you.

One resource I have recently found is Avenza PDF maps. you download the app to your tablet or phone and then you can download all kinds of maps. Some are free, some (such as hiking maps) cost money. I just downladed maps for the Kaibab and Coconino National Forests for free and it shows you where dispersed camping is available. When you open the map ( which, once its downladed, does not require internet to see it) the GPS shows where you are on the map. We used it to find camping spots all week long!

Love this resource!!

Sue

Archived