Post server move issues

Is it just my connection or are others not really loving the new forum server?

It seems extremely slow to load, has timed out a few times, "stalls" when saving/posting a message to a thread (which has probably contributed to a lot of the multiple posts lately), and doesn't seem to refresh the thread lists properly (or rather.. very lengthy delays between refreshes when new posts are added).

Just growing pains perhaps?

There are loading problems, but I'd suspect that IT is aware of the issue and working on it. Remember that we just completed a move to a new host server so it may take a little time to stabilize. It is a pretty big system.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I haven't noticed any slow loading issues, but yesterday when I posted a couple of items, it never took me back to the thread where I could see my post. However, if I went out and back in to the thread, my post was there.

(It didn't happen this time when I posted this response...within a second or two, I was taken back to this thread where I saw my post, so perhaps that problem has been solved.)

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I like that the look hasn't changed. New content loads as fast, usually. There are some stalls. Main problem appears to be when making new posts/replies as stated above. It will all get worked out. Keep up,the good work.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

The only problem I've had is slow posting of replies. A couple times I've moved away while it said it was still posting only to come back and find my reply there.

Linda Sand

Wow! This one came right in so I think that delay has been fixed.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

No issues for me.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

sandsys, on 10 May 2016 - 3:29 PM, said:sandsys, on 10 May 2016 - 3:29 PM, said:

Wow! This one came right in so I think that delay has been fixed.

I thought so, too, but it happened to me again this morning. :(

ON EDIT: The other quirk of the new server is when quoting a previous post like I did here. The user name of the person quoted, date and time appears twice.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

Yep, slower than ever today. I had a post do the posting for about two minutes and then had to open another tab and it still is not there. This weird behavior causes double posts or no posts.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Whoa! That last post went right through immediately. I sure hope they get control of the server handling.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I wondered what was going on...couldnt connect for a few days.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

I just posted a new topic and it took by my watch more than two minutes for it to post.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

I'm seeing a lot of duplicate posts and doing what cleanup I can to keep the confusion down.

I've seen a posting glitch where when I hit the Post button I get green dots blinking at the top of the screen but the post never updates to show that what I wrote was actually posted. Copying the post (just in case) and refreshing the page shows that the post was made but the page hadn't refreshed to show it.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

I just tried to report this topic so the admins would be aware of it, not sure if it went through or not though. :-(

Report window opened, typed in my report, hit submit and nothing happened for a couple minutes so I backed out of the report to post this.

Exactly Stan.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Jimalberta, on 11 May 2016 - 1:00 PM, said:

I wondered what was going on...couldnt connect for a few days.

That's because the site was down while they switched over to the new server. You should have gotten a message when you tried to access the site...at least I did.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

I just tried to report this topic so the admins would be aware of it, not sure if it went through or not though. :-(

Report window opened, typed in my report, hit submit and nothing happened for a couple minutes so I backed out of the report to post this.

I sent Travis an email but he is just now returning to work since the birth of his new son. :D

I sent Travis an email but he is just now returning to work since the birth of his new son. :D

So, sleep deprived brain trying to make sense of anything. More patience required. :)

Congrats to Travis & Melanie, though.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

So far every post I've made today has failed to update the page I posted it from but when looking at the topic in a new tab my post is there.

The weekend moderators can hide duplicates so it shouldn't be more than an aggravation for folks getting multiple copies of a post due to this glitch.

As a work-around, I have found that when the little green bar stays up too long after hitting "post" I just click on the refresh of my browser and the post I just put up will be there. It is quicker and you don't get multiple posts. Not a good permanent method but it works for now.

Archived